Language, Cultural Orientation & Readiness for Employment (LCORE) Associate - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 17-Dec-2018 to 15-Jan-2019
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
The LCORE Associate coordinates all aspects of instruction within the Language, Cultural Orientation, & Readiness for Employment (LCORE) program, as well as coordinates and delivers additional client trainings focused on self-sufficiency. Responsibilities include teaching adult ESL classes and other trainings, developing materials, and assuring that instruction is being delivered from a culturally-informed, strengths-based, trauma-informed perspective.
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees to Indiana and offers them a place to call home. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, as well as education, employment and health services for individuals and families starting out in their new lives. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3), and non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works with Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
• Provide instruction for the classes comprising the LCORE (Language, Cultural Orientation & Readiness for Employment) Program.
• Continuously improve LCORE curriculum and delivery based on best practices and current research.
• Organize the logistical aspects of LCORE classes, including schedules, teaching materials, and communication with volunteer teachers and interns.
• Teach Cultural Orientation, Employment Readiness, and Financial Readiness classes monthly.
• Coordinate bus training for all newly arrived clients.
• Develop and improve client trainings as needed in collaboration with the supervising director, ensuring that high quality materials, hands-on activities, and culturally relevant techniques are used.
• Coordinate all logistics in preparation for trainings, including inviting clients, securing interpretation, updating databases, and assisting in transportation arrangements as needed.
• Maintain an effective system for tracking participant information required for program reports, i.e. attendance, progress, etc.
• Update case notes, databases, and other record-keeping tools as required.
• Assist clients in accessing educational opportunities in the community.
• Must have a bachelor's degree in education or a related field (training and certification in TESOL strongly preferred).
• Must have a minimum of two years of experience working with adult English language learners.
• Curriculum writing experience strongly preferred.
• Must be comfortable in intercultural environments.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with clients of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
• Must possess strong record-keeping and organization skills.
• Must have PC proficiency with competency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility and commitment to refugees.
• Must be able to function as part of a team.
• Must have a valid Indiana driver's license and insurance.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com