Chief Executive Officer - Harrison County Community Foundation
- 18-Dec-2018 to 15-Jan-2019
- - Harrison County Community Foundation
- Corydon, IN, USA
- Full Time
The CEO is the chief officer of the foundation and works effectively with the board of directors, staff, donors, and community partners to advance the goals and objectives of the Harrison County Community Foundation (HCCF). The CEO directs overall operations, asset development, grant-making, community leadership, financial development, and philanthropic activities consistent with the efficient use of its resources. The CEO is the representative to governmental organizations, the business community, nonprofits, media, and the community at large. We are currently seeking a visionary leader with proven experience in these areas.
• Works in partnership with the board on the approved strategic plan and operates within organizational policies and budget. Provides objective information and informed opinions to the board regarding organizational decisions.
• Acquires and grows relationships with key political and community partners.
• Serves as community leader, convening conversations around needs, leveraging foundation funds and assets to make an impact. Stays abreast of community needs.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with philanthropic, business, and government organizations.
• Provides financial oversight of the organization and ensures preparation of financial reports for the board, committees and stakeholders. Develops and oversees the annual operating budget to be approved by the board. Educates the board on new laws and regulations applicable to HCCF.
• Oversees the preparation of legal filings reportable to local, state and federal regulatory agencies to remain in compliance with applicable statutes and laws.
• Develops strategies to increase assets and strengthen the impact of the foundation to meet the charitable needs of Harrison County residents.
• Builds relationships between the Foundation, its donors, and prospective donors. Ensures appropriate donor records are kept.
• Manages foundation daily operations, including management of an experienced, tenured staff.
• Oversees grantmaking processes and ensures the implementation and execution are in line with funder intent and HCCF's strategic plan.
• Serves as an official spokesperson to the general public, media and other entities. Seeks opportunities to share the goals and objectives of HCCF.
• Works to identify future opportunities to make large scale impact and regularly reports back to the community on its good work.
• Master's degree, MBA or advanced degree preferred. Bachelor's degree with equivalent business or nonprofit leadership experience will be considered.
• A minimum of 10 years of proven, professional leadership experience in the nonprofit or foundation sector, including oversight of complex community leadership projects. Candidates with equivalent experience in related fields of business, management, finance, communications, marketing or other related fields may be considered.
• Knowledge of foundation investment structure, spending policies and endowment fund structure and management.
• A passion for Harrison County and making a difference for its people.
• A visionary leader with a high-level of communication and listening skills.
• Proven track record of leading impactbased grantmaking initiatives or community development projects with a high level of business acumen.
• Genuine sense of accountability to the community with a high-level of personal/ professional integrity.
• Strong team-building and project management skills and the ability to execute upon an established vision.
• Experience reporting to a board of directors.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; diplomatic, credible, and persuasive representative of the foundation to the community.
Click the APPLY button for full job description and application instructions.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com