Development Associate - Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra
- 28-Dec-2018 to 26-Jan-2019
- - Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- commensurate with experience and education
- Full Time
- health insurance, vacation time, and paid holidays
The Development Associate assists the organization in meeting its strategic fundraising and institutional advancement goals. This is an entry level position.
Responsibilities: Development Support
• Coordinate planning, implementation, and maintenance of fund development project data.
• Maintain donor database ensuring accurate, consistent and timely recording of individual, grant and corporate gifts, including gift amounts, contact information, reservations and general communications.
• Support administrative activities related to gift tracking, acknowledgement, and donor/sponsor fulfillment, e.g. tracking pledges, coordinating mailings/solicitations, etc.
• Coordinate donor cultivation/stewardship activities such as personal calls, recognition of birthdays or special life events.
• Assist and support with planning and execution of special events, including the annual fundraising Gala, Season Kick-off event, Lunch & Learn events, and Vision 21 events.
• Assist in the scheduling of meetings for both the Executive Director and Music Director with current and prospective donors, corporations, grant program officers, and other stake-holders.
• Provide data rich and accurate donor and income reports as requested.
• Conduct grant and prospective donor research as requested.
• Assist in identifying and engaging prospective supporters to diversify and expand donor base.
• Assist with creation of stewardship program to appropriately recognize donors.
• Serve as sponsorship fulfillment coordinator.
• Perform other necessary duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Oversee all annual campaign/transactional fundraising activities. (e.g. tracking of Principal Player pledges, fall and spring annual fund mailings).
• Maintain donor information and pull reports to support electronic donor communication efforts, mailings, and donor acknowledgements.
Responsibilities: Marketing Support
• Maintain ticket information and pulls reports to support electronic marketing communication efforts, mailings, and ticket sales campaigns.
• Assist Marketing Manager with ticket order fulfillment and box office duties.
• Assist with annual subscription renewal campaign
• Work with Marketing Manager to coordinate and implement marketing ideas that impact ticket sales and donor giving.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director/ General Manager
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Some experience in development is desired.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Attention to detail, accuracy of data entry and confidentiality when dealing with donor records a must.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (occasional evenings and weekends).
- Analytical skills in developing reports.
- Positive attitude, along with strong self-initiative and good judgment.
- Understanding of and commitment to the ICO mission.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Proficiency with social media.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word).
- Proficiency with email and internet applications.
- Knowledge of donor database management (Salesforce platform desirable)
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods to conduct daily business operations. Position also requires the hearing and visual acuity to converse with internal and external constituents in person, over the phone, and via electronic communication with or without reasonable accommodation. Additionally, position requires bending, stooping, walking on uneven surfaces and occasionally lifting up to 35 pounds.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Elaine Eckhart, Executive Director.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com