Communications Manager – Susan G. Komen Central Indiana
- 28-Dec-2018 to 19-Jan-2019
- - Susan G. Komen - Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Susan G. Komen Foundation Central Indiana affiliate is part of the world's largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research while providing local support to organizations that provide breast screening services to the underserved.
In the fight to end breast cancer, we are central Indiana's locally led and empowered affiliate of Susan G. Komen®'a global organization whose name is synonymous with the cause. Susan G. Komen is the world's largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Susan G. Komen Central Indiana works locally to improve outcomes for those facing breast cancer throughout 41 counties in central Indiana. For more information, visit komencentralindiana.org. The Susan G. Komen Central Indiana is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from all races, backgrounds, disabilities, and veterans.
• Develop and manage the communications strategy and timelines for all communications from Komen Central Indiana, including e-mails, social media accounts, website, creation and distribution of print materials, public relations and earned media.
• Manage database of constituent lists and groups; serve as the internal expert on audience segmentation strategy and tools
• Ensure adequate frequency of communications, placement and coverage throughout the geographic service area.
• Engage volunteers and external partners at a high level in long-range planning and developing communications strategy, while also partnering with volunteers and external sources to distribute key messages and materials.
• Conduct all public relations activities, developing press releases, pitching stories and interview ideas and forge relationships with local media partners and contacts throughout the geographic service area
• Bachelor's degree
• Two years related experience in non-profit communications, public relations, marketing, communications or fundraising.
• Superior written communications skills and ability to articulate the Komen mission in creative and effective ways
• Experience partnering with external stakeholders and utilizing external resources for the benefit of the organization
• Knowledge of best practices in public relations and nonprofit communications, paired with a desire to learn and adapt to the ever-changing environment and technology
• Creativity, problem solving and strategic-thinking skills
• A professional nature able to meet deadlines and quickly establish priorities with management of multiple projects/programs
• Interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of volunteers and stakeholders
• Organizational skills with thoroughness, timeliness, and detail when working under pressure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with web editing, email marketing programs and relationship management databases a plus (specifically WordPress, Blackbaud Luminate TeamRaiser and Salesforce)
• Graphic art skills or experience creating video content a plus
• Knowledge of HTML or CSS a plus
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs with event set-up
• Travel, evening and weekend work are required for this position.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by January 19, 2019.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com