Accounting Manager - The Arc of Indiana
- 28-Dec-2018 to 26-Jan-2019
- - Arc of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Arc of Indiana, Indiana's leading advocacy organization for people with developmental disabilities, is seeking to fill the position of accounting manager to join The Arc Team.
The accounting manager position reports to the director of finance and is responsible for general bookkeeping functions for The Arc of Indiana, The Arc of Indiana Foundation, and Self-Advocates of Indiana.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Post monthly transactions and all journal entries to the general ledgers
• Conduct monthly bank and investment reconciliations for all banking and investment accounts for multiple entities
• Assist in month end close process by preparing account reconciliations and reviewing general ledger activity
• Work closely with all aspects of the organization to ensure accurate financial reporting and sharing of information. This includes the development and trust departments, Erskine Green • Training Institute director, Self Advocates of Indiana program manager and board. Provide account reconciliations and reports from accounting software to these internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Support accounts payable and accounts receivable individual in processing day to day transactions; serves as back up for trust disbursement, invoicing and daily deposits
• Monitor and prepare monthly and/or quarterly claims and reports for all state grants in accordance with individual agreements by compiling, research and analyzing data regarding expenditures
• Billing responsibilities include billing of association dues; billing student tuition payments for Erskine Green Training Institute and supporting the institute staff in maintaining student payment records. Includes working with external stakeholders including • Vocational Rehab counselors for proper authorization of students each training session and preparing communications to chapters and members of The Arc.
• Assist Director of Finance as needed in schedule preparation for audits
• Assist with gathering information for the preparation of tax returns, including 1099's, 990's and property taxes
• Perform special projects as assigned
• Knowledge of and experience with automated accounting systems
• MIP accounting software experience a plus
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in excel, word and outlook
• Associate/Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred OR a minimum of 3 to 5 years related accounting experience
• Knowledge of non-profit accounting a plus
• Strong organization, interpersonal and planning skills
• Ability to function on multiple tasks
Click the APPLY button to submit a resume and cover letter to Anne Lammert.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com