Director of Strategic Communications - Independent Colleges of Indiana, Inc.
- 02-Jan-2019 to 03-Feb-2019
- - Independent Colleges of Indiana, Inc. (ICI)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Independent Colleges of Indiana, Inc., seeks applications from motivated communications professionals interested in using their skills to help further the strategic vision and work of Indiana's 30 private, non-profit colleges and universities as Director of Strategic Communications (full time position). This individual reports directly to the president and works collaboratively as part of ICI's nine-member team. A statewide association headquartered in downtown Indianapolis, ICI serves as the collective voice for its member institutions, supporting them through professional services including public policy advocacy, collaborative initiatives and partnerships, public relations and marketing, research, and resource enhancement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, reflective of a higher education environment
• Ability to actively engage in a collaborative and collegial team-oriented culture
• Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, or other relevant field
• Three to five years' experience in a similar position
• Ability to deliver successfully at both a strategic and tactical level, with strong attention to detail and minimal administrative support
• Demonstrated skill in major event planning, promotion, and execution (including summer counselor tour program and Private College Week)
• Expertise in crafting and presenting key messages in an accessible and compelling way
• Media relations and print publications experience
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (Including Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Experience managing professional social profiles (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook required)
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders (college representatives, high-school counselors, parents, families, policy makers, etc.)
• Graphic design experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Photography and video skills
• Website and WordPress management experience
• Experience with MailChimp/sending and managing e-newsletters
• Degree from an ICI member institution
• Master's degree
Timeline: Interviewing will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
ICI is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
Click the APPLY button to submit the following documents for application:
1. A letter of interest that succinctly addresses how your experience, skills, and education correspond to the position qualifications and have prepared you to work with the Independent Colleges of Indiana
2. Current resume or CV, including an email address and mobile telephone number
3. A list of three professional references with names, best telephone numbers, and email addresses (references will not be contacted until final approval is given by the candidate)
(Portfolio of writing and other work samples will be requested as part of the interview process)
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com