Executive Director - GiveHear
- 02-Jan-2019 to 03-Feb-2019
- - GiveHear
- Ft. Wayne, IN, USA
- Full Time
We are in search of an Executive Director to lead the next phase of our exciting growth and service.
GiveHear is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit hearing center providing hearing healthcare to low-income adults and under-served children in our community, so that no person is prevented from full participation in life due to hearing loss. Our mission is to build the self-worth of individuals by restoring their hearing potential and providing them with opportunities to engage with their communities through service to others.
The Board of Directors and the Staff of GiveHear have developed a strong growth initiative for this n-year old organization. Our goal is not only to have our clinic open five days a week, but to become a stronger piece of the health care fabric in this community. In February of 2018, we moved into a new space in downtown Fort Wayne. We doubled our footprint and it has allowed us to increase clinic days to add more patients under our care. Our goal is not to have brick and mortar building in all the surrounding communities, but to start from our home base in Fort Wayne, IN and provide monthly or weekly clinics in the surrounding areas that need our support. The numbers are staggering: Over 10,000 people in Allen County alone are living with hearing loss AND affected by poverty. We can make a difference, one life at a time. Hearing loss is the second most prevalent health issue globally. According to the Hearing Health Foundation, the number of people with hearing loss is more than those living with Parkinson's, epilepsy, Alzheimer's and diabetes combined. The lifetime costs of profound hearing loss can be as much as $1 million per person in the U.S. This "invisible disability" affects 1 in 5 people and that number is rising.
Position Duties - Overview:
• Fund development
• Program development
• Staff management
• Budget and finance
Position Qualifications - Overview:
• Three to five years significant non-profit experience
• Develop and convey organizational vision
• Work effectively with board, staff, and volunteers
• Strategic and organizational skills
• Strong communications skills'written and oral
• Prefer Bachelors' Degree or higher, graduate of Lilly or other Philanthropy school, CFRM or CFRE
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Talk about how you have been successful in engaging board members in furthering the mission and financial sustainability of the organization.
2. Describe the scope and types of your professional fund-raising work and describe any fund-raising training and credentials you possess.
3. What process would you use to review our current fund-raising, marketing, and event programs and evaluate what changes are needed?
4. What do you see as the keys to building and sustaining a high performing staff culture?
5. What have you found to be effective techniques to control expenditures in a non-profit environment?
6. How do you keep up-to-date on the leading edge of work being done in your field?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com