Land Protection Specialist - Central Indiana Land Trust
- 06-Jan-2019 to 31-Jan-2019
- - Central Indiana Land Trust, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- competitive benefits - Flexible scheduling may be possible within standard work hours.
Founded in 1990, the Central Indiana Land Trust Incorporated (CILTI) is a nonprofit based out Indianapolis. CILTI preserves the best of Central Indiana's natural areas to benefit plants and animals and allow Hoosiers to experience the wonder of the state's natural heritage today and into the future.
The Central Indiana Land Trust has protected over 5,500 acres of Central Indiana's most important natural areas. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to work collaboratively with an inspired team to identify, evaluate and complete compelling land protection projects located throughout the region. Based in our Indianapolis office, we manage due diligence and negotiation relative to the acquisition of land and conservation easements. The main goal of this position will be to implement CILTI's newly launched strategic conservation plan and act as a liaison between senior leadership, land owners, vendors, partners and CILTI attorneys to complete all land transactions.
• Under the direction of senior leadership, negotiate with private landowners, public agencies, businesses, and other organizations concerning acquisition of land and conservation easements
• Manage all components of land protection and conservation easement projects. This includes title work, ESA, survey, appraisal and other due diligence
• Vet potential land projects to ensure consistency with CILTI policies and objectives before presenting them to staff and board
• Provide technical assistance to private landowners and conservation partners regarding conservation options and techniques
• Assist with duties relative to filing and tracking existing CILTI land holdings and Conservation Easements
• Promote gifts of land and bargain sales of land
• Assist with development of baseline information, monitoring and record-keeping relative to Conservation Easements
• Ensure the timely and accurate completion of tasks required to acquire land or interests in land, including the preparation of administrative, financial and legal documents
• Prepare written reports, proposals and plans as required
• Assist in the preparation and implementation of budgets for land conservation
• Assist in the preparation of public relations material and help craft responses to public and media inquiries
• Help assess the maintenance and security aspects of proposed land/building acquisitions and present recommendations
Occasional evening or weekend meetings.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in natural resource management, land use planning, business, biological sciences or related field
• Three years of experience in land conservation/planning, real estate, or business in related natural resource field
• Excellent writing and speaking skills
• Computer savviness with strong skills in Microsoft Office Projects (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook), GIS a plus.
• Valid driver's license, and willingness to travel frequently and extensively throughout Central Indiana
• Ability to traverse a variety of terrain and walk several miles in all weather conditions
• Passion for the mission of the Central Indiana Land Trust
• Must be a team player willing to help jump in and help the team drive the mission of the organization
Click the APPLY button to submit application materials by Jan 31, or email directly to: Stacy Cachules at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please be sure to include resume AND cover letter.)
No phone calls please.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com