Executive Director - Pack Away Hunger
- 14-Jan-2019 to 06-Feb-2019
- - Pack Away Hunger/Charitable Advisors
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive salary
- Full Time
- Medical insurance stipend
Are you an enthusiastic self-starter who likes to drive change and innovation while controlling the big picture? Then this opportunity is for you. Pack Away Hunger (PAH) is looking for its next Executive Director. This position will require an individual who is committed to business development and passionate about feeding the hungry.
For this role, PAH is seeking an experienced nonprofit leader with strong business acumen and a heart for helping people in need. An individual who displays persistence and genuineness coupled with an entrepreneurial mindset would be highly successful in this position.
• Identify and pursue new opportunities, growing the organization and increasing PAH's positive impact and brand awareness in Indiana and beyond
• Motivate the team, including PAH staff members and volunteers, to ensure synergy and collaboration among its members
• Oversee daily operations, including event development/management, human resources, IT systems and facilities
• Maintain a strong relationship with the PAH board, including communicating effectively and recruiting and welcoming new members
• Oversee the relationship with partner nonprofit Alliance for Better Nutrition
• Diligently manage the financial and compliance-related areas of the organization
• Successfully create and implement the organization's strategic plan in conjunction with the PAH board
• Bachelor's degree, ideally in business, nonprofit management or a related area; substantial experience in a similar role may be substituted.
• Experience in fundraising or sales and demonstrated success working with corporate partners
• Experience and a high comfort level working with churches is a plus
• Experience in business management, including supervising staff, budgeting and financial management
• Experience in purchasing and/or inventory management is a plus
By harnessing the power of volunteerism and the science behind good nutrition, Pack Away Hunger provides millions of meals to people who don't have enough to eat. PAH's low-cost, nutrient-rich meals are paid for and packaged by teams of volunteers from businesses, churches and a variety of other organizations at special events organized and managed by PAH. Volunteer teams work hard and have fun while doing good. The meals produced are delivered to PAH's network of feeding partners'local and internationally focused organizations committed to getting food into the hands of people who need it.
Operating for less than a decade, PAH has a proven model, strong finances and a vibrant network of partners'the perfect ingredients for feeding even more people and providing a great opportunity for the next Executive Director.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Why would leading Pack Away Hunger be a great match for you?
2. Provide an example of how you have taken on a leadership role in attracting corporate and philanthropic support for an organization.
3. Briefly describe your experiences in developing community partnerships. Have you ever worked with churches and/or businesses?
4. Briefly describe your experiences managing an organization or a department, including your role in financial oversight and budgeting.
5. Provide an example of a successful strategy you've used to motivate a staff team.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com