Chief Financial Officer - The Julian Center
- 14-Jan-2019 to 15-Feb-2019
- - Julian Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Julian Center, the state's largest and most comprehensive provider of services for survivors of domestic and sexual violence, is seeking a full-time Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to direct the organization's financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, government agencies, and the financial community personally or through subordinate managers.
• Oversee and direct accounting, budgeting, banking, investments, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, long range forecasting, and liability insurance activities for the organization, and maintains relationships with providers of these services.
• Provide and direct procedures and computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
• Direct activities such as custodian of funds, securities, and assets of the organization in compliance with policies set forth by the Board of Directors.
• Appraise the organization's financial position and issues periodic reports on organization's financial position, liquidity, and growth.
• Direct and coordinate the budget process (planning, development, and monitoring) for all funding sources.
• Partner with Grants Administration to perform budget analyses on an on-going basis.
• Coordinate with HR Director to ensure proper allocation of payroll related expenses, transfer of payroll funds, and access to necessary payroll related reports.
• Ensure tax reports are prepared and filed on a timely basis.
• Coordinate tax reporting programs and investor relations activities.
• Analyze, consolidate, and direct all accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
• Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of the organization's annual financial report.
• Direct and analyze studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization's policies and operations.
• Analyze operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole institution, and determine their financial impact.
• Provide assistance to all auditors during and in preparation for all financial and compliance audits.
• Along with CEO, serve as staff liaison to the finance committee, providing reports and documentation necessary for grant claims and compliance.
• Manage the Accounting Department personally or through subordinate supervisors.
• Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these departments.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educations and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of 5 years related experience; or Associates Degree and a minimum of 7-10 years relate experience and/or training, or equivalent.
• Managerial experience required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, vendors, the Board, and the general public.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret general mathematical concepts.
• Experience with Microsoft Office is required.
• Experience with computerized accounting software is required.
• Experience with Financial Edge is preferred.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com