Administrative Assistant, Office of Institutional Advancement - Marian University
- 21-Jan-2019 to 22-Feb-2019
- - Marian University
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance and full Marian University undergraduate tuition benefits for employees and their family.
Marian University invites applications for its Administrative Assistant in the Office of Institutional Advancement. Under the direction of the Director of Advancement Operations, the assistant provides administrative support to the external team in the office. The successful candidate will provide high quality, responsive customer service and telephone support; perform substantial data entry and work in the database, Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge; and performs general duties and project work for the team.
Responsibilities to include but not be limited to:
• Provides administrative support (project support, scheduling, reservations, database entries, etc.) for the external fundraising team (Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Development Officers).
• Produces correspondence for the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, Executive Director of Development, and Development Officers.
• Supports volunteer committees for the Office of Institutional Advancement including:
o Preparing agendas, minutes, project summaries, and handouts as needed
o Sending calendar invitations and tracking attendance
o Meal, hospitality, and/or logistical planning
• Supports the advancement operations team in executing the pledge reminder process sent to donors as directed in individual agreements (monthly, quarterly, and/or annually).
• Attends and assists with advancement and university events as requested.
• Supports reporting needs for the external fundraising team.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate must have:
• A college degree (bachelor's degree preferred).
• Have knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University.
• Exceptional writing skills; superior typing and proofreading skills.
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Database experience/familiarity (Raiser's Edge experience preferred).
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and direction.
• Experience supporting executive-level staff (three to five years preferred).
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Commit to collegiality and collaborative decision-making.
• Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
• Be able to work both independently and in a team environment, often with limited direction.
• Exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards for maintaining confidential information.
• Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with members of the university and business community.
• Problem solving skills.
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation's preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report's top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university's culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state's first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University's football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women's basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 42 national titles.
Click the APPLY button to submit Current Resume, Cover Letter and names and contact information of three professional references. Only complete applicant packets submitted will be considered.
Marian University is an EOE and is committed to diversity and encourages persons from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com