Coordinator, Volunteer Services and Human Resources - Indiana Historical Society
- 28-Jan-2019 to 01-Mar-2019
- - Indiana Historical Society
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- approximately $40,000
- Full Time
- Benefit package includes health, dental, life, long-term disability, employer/employee funded retirement plan and paid time off.
Indiana's Storyteller seeks a go-getter to coordinate Volunteer Program and provide HR support.
The Indiana Historical Society, an Indiana nonprofit corporation, is the oldest extant organization in the state of Indiana and one of the oldest and largest historical societies in the United States that has collected, preserved, interpreted, and shared the state's history since 1830.
1. Prepare and maintain job descriptions, records, and volunteer handbook for each volunteer position.
2. Recruit and orient all volunteers, provide ongoing training as needed.
3. Coordinate, schedule, and distribute volunteer assignments for special events and programs as requested .
4. Develop and implement appropriate communication for volunteers.
5. Plan and implement all volunteer and staff recognition and appreciation efforts
6. Serve as IHS liaison with any external institutions regarding volunteer opportunities and internships.
7. Assist with IHS staff and intern recruitment, selection, and retention.
8. Facilitate new employee orientation and onboarding
9. Assist with maintaining all HR files.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
1. Ability to practice discretion and maintain confidentiality.
2. Complex problem solving skills in order to develop and implement solutions.
3. Self-starter with the ability to read and follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
4. Goal oriented, with ability to think strategically as well as entrepreneurially.
5. Ability to provide information in a clear and concise manner.
6. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for diverse audiences.
7. Excellent computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office suite as well as basic office equipment.
Standing – Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
Wrist & Visual Stamina – Ability to type and focus on a computer screen for prolonged periods of time
(Incumbent must be able to meet physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonability of requested accommodation is to be determined by IHS on a case-by-case basis, in accordance with the ADA.)
MINIMUM: Bachelor's degree and 3 years experience managing a volunteer program and/or human resources programs. Ability to be flexible in daily schedule to meet the needs of special events and programs, to include working occasional evenings and weekends.
PREFERRED: Experience working in volunteer administration for a nonprofit organization or museum environment. Experience as a volunteer at a nonprofit organization. Familiarity with volunteer management software.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com