Housing Manager - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 28-Jan-2019 to 01-Mar-2019
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
The Housing Manager will oversee all aspects of the Housing Department. He or she coordinates the housing and donations program at Exodus; supervises Housing Specialist(s); and develops and maintains relationships with housing providers and other organizations essential to securing affordable and appropriate housing options for refugees.
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees to Indiana and offers them a place to call home. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, as well as education, employment and health services for individuals and families starting out in their new lives. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3), and non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works with Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
1. Coordinates the housing and donations program at Exodus.
2. Organizes donation procurement to assist clients with attaining self-sufficiency.
3. Oversees the management of the storage unit of all donated furnishings and household items.
4. Arranges housing for newly arriving clients.
5. Communicates with current apartment complexes or rental properties about housing needs and issues.
6. Supervises provision of adequate food for new arrivals.
7. Researches and builds relationships with management of prospective apartment complexes or housing rental properties.
8. Supervises expenditures on housing needs in casefiles, budgets, and database.
9. Collaborates with agency's Community Engagement Coordinator in building relationships with local churches, organizations, groups, and other donors to procure regularly needed items.
10. Contacts local and national companies to inquire about donations and/or discounted items regularly needed by the Housing Department.
11. Communicates with Exodus staff members regarding both pre and post arrival housing needs and concerns
12. Coordinates all utilities to be set up (or easily transferred) to clients' name.
13. Participates in weekly Exodus staff & Housing team meetings.
14. Supervises and provides back up assistance to Housing Specialist(s).
15. Participates in emergency and airport week on a rotating basis with other staff.
16. Conducts interviews of contract interpreter candidates and provides oversight of contracted interpreters
17. Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience, preferably in human services or human resources.
• Preferably have a minimum of two years of experience in non-profit or social services work.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with clients of diverse cultural and language backgrounds.
• Must be comfortable in intercultural environments.
• Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility, and commitment to the mission of Exodus.
• Must be able to function as part of a team.
• PC proficiency, competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Google Drive.
7. Applicants must submit a cover letter with salary expectations and resume. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com