Community Resource Specialist - La Plaza, Inc.
- 28-Jan-2019 to 13-Mar-2019
- - La Plaza Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for providing clients with information and referrals to essential health and social services in the community. This position conducts intakes, assesses clients' needs, provides case management and links clients to the appropriate services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Connect clients to essential health and social services in the community.
• Assess clients' needs and provide general information, referrals and l (i.e. clothing, food, shelter, general assistance, etc.).
• Assist clients in completing various applications in English, (e.g. food stamp, Medicaid, and/or TANF applications, W7 applications, employment applications, applications for medical discounts, public assistance re-certification paperwork, etc.).
• Conduct phone interpretations as needed.
• Maintain records of participants, activities, and events.
• Data entry into ETO
• Assist with the establishment of partnerships between La Plaza and health and social services providers
• Assist with the coordination and implementation of the Holiday Assistance Programs (Thanksgiving and Christmas).
• Perform other duties as requested/assigned.
• Knowledge of community resources and how to access them
• Bilingual in English and Spanish including written and verbal communication
• Knowledge of Latino culture; culturally sensitive
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Education or related field; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Bilingual in English and Spanish; includes written and verbal communication. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, service providers and the general public.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word - word processing software and Excel and ETO - database software.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Maria Quiroz-Southwood. No phone calls, please.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com