Public Relations and Events Manager - The Indianapolis City Market Corporation
- 04-Feb-2019 to 15-Feb-2019
- - Indianapolis City Market Corp
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Indianapolis City Market feeds the community and our guests by offering distinct foods, products and services in an environment that preserves and perpetuates Central Indiana's agricultural, architectural and cultural history.
The Indianapolis City Market aims to provide an exceptional dining, gathering, recreational, and event location in Indianapolis. We strive to provide diverse and quality food options, unique goods, and high quality services. We host and work to create exciting programming for a variety of audiences, and to provide fun and thoughtful activities for people of all ages. We are proud to serve as a small business incubator. We work to support local businesses, non-profits, the local economy overall, and the resiliency of Indianapolis as a whole.
• Craft all internal and external communications regarding major events, initiatives, and changes with the organization
• Planning, promoting, and executing City Market's original programming (i.e. First Fridays, karaoke events, planned annual events, etc.)
• Aid in planning, organizing, and operating The Original Farmers' Market
o Keeping track of vendor applications and important documents
o Assisting in vendor selection
o Instructing vendors ahead of the farmers market season
o Ensuring smooth operations during each farmers market day
o Working the City Market info tent; taking credit card/social program transactions
o Keeping track of and reporting on social programs at the Original Farmers' Market: SNAP/EBT, Fresh Bucks, WIC
• Identify, develop, and manage strategic marketing initiatives and plans, including the design and production of marketing collateral, print and digital advertising, property newsletters, and management of ICM's social media channels' content and design with Executive Director and intern(s)
• Assist with additional branding of property to include strategy for market placement that is reflected in: collateral materials (leasing and tenant interface), logo, websites, photography, newsletter, signage and other misc. material
• Manage annual media buy
• Manage PR including the transmission of property voice, story ideas, salient facts on projects and tenants, proofing press releases and following PR media strategy
• Maintain an up-to-date media contact list, and maintain good standing with journalists
• Manage and interface with graphic designers, printers, copywriters, vendors contractors and property tenants
• Site Activation
• Assist in creation of a strategy, budget and calendar for more than thirty annual events
• Ideate and curate event aesthetic and collateral
• Work with property management team to effectively communicate Individual Event Requirements and ascertain the costs required to run the event (either employee overtime or contract services)
• Assist with the design, procurement and implementation of amenity and model décor packages for commercial properties
• Special projects and research as required; i.e. social media trends, trades show design and logistics, corporate marketing initiatives
• Coordinate private events with private event liaison
• Ability to write well for press releases/AP Style, public remarks, social media content, and more.
• Ability to think strategically and plan tactically: to implement a marketing plan; ability to influence culture with stand holders, staff, and customers; ability to create, grow, and maintain ties to the community both corporate and non-profit.
• Ability to develop presentations, write scripts for executive director, speak well, participate in new media, print, radio, podcast and television interviews; participate in downtown community and business development organizations.
• An undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, or related fields (or requisite experience) and 2-5 years work experience in a communications/marketing related position.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Feb 15.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com