Director of Community Engagement - Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc.
- 04-Feb-2019 to 08-Mar-2019
- - Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health, dental & vision insurance (company pays 80-90% of employee coverage), company-paid life and long-term disability insurance and 403b match of 3%; generous PTO and holiday schedule.
As Director of Community Engagement you will provide leadership and vision for KIB's engagement team to successfully respond to the needs and goals of individuals and neighborhood groups. You will work closely with all KIB Departments and staff to deepen community relationships, strengthen ongoing multi-year neighborhood connections, and educate neighborhood volunteers on best practices for long-term success of outdoor community projects. You will oversee two full-time staff.
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB) is an environmental and community nonprofit with a mission to help people and nature thrive. We partner with neighborhoods, local government, universities, community groups, and businesses to achieve our vision of an Indianapolis that is loved, cared for, and ecologically rich. We are also one of the most volunteered-for organizations in Indianapolis, working with about 20,000 volunteers each year to plant trees and native landscapes, organize litter cleanups, turn vacant lots into pocket parks, create outdoor classrooms, restore habitat, and educate and employ youth.
KIB helps people and nature thrive most effectively when we reflect the diversity of perspectives, voices, and abilities found throughout our city. The principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our work'from supporting biodiversity in nature to engaging communities. KIB is an equal opportunity employer that encourages applicants'including persons of color; people who are LGBTQ; veterans; people who are multilingual or multicultural; and individuals of various ages and abilities'to help us create a team with a broad range of backgrounds and thinking.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
• Lead the community engagement effort for KIB in all facets of the organization's work through internal programming and external relationships.
• Provide a structure for community engagement at KIB that allows each KIB program to meet desired outcomes and KIB to fulfill long-term impact goals.
• Supervise and provide guidance to the Neighborhood Outreach Program Manager, manager of all external engagement, and the Community Engagement Program Manager, manager of the Adopt-A-Block and Great Indy Cleanup programs.
• Along with team, create and implement annual organization engagement goals to deepen engagement within neighborhoods, and opportunities for further participation with KIB and its programs.
• Support efforts to develop and further KIB's education interests that will contribute to an overall goal of a more engaged citizenry, independently acting to change behavior to support the environment.
• Develop KIB's long-term engagement strategy, using tools such as KIB's Tree Canopy Map to determine desired direction and location of KIB's work.
• Participate and establish a role for KIB in national endeavors, identify ways to provide input and support.
• Communicate closely with all program staff opportunities for furthering KIB's mission and serve as a connective thread between all departments to help them achieve their goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong listening and communication skills
• Understand that diversity, equity and inclusion are integral parts of effectively executing our work, this position will require ease and familiarity with connecting and relating to people of color and different backgrounds
• Experience developing and managing people and budgets
• Valid driver's license and is comfortable driving a truck and trailer, or willing to learn
• GIS skills a plus
• Proficiency in Spanish language is preferred
Characteristics of a Strong Candidate:
• Highly organized, self-motivated and able to develop and implement strategic goals
• Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• A natural ease in new situations, and able to recall names and personal facts
• Flexibility in both work schedule and project implementation
• Able to positively represent KIB in the community
Additional Attributes of Strong Candidates:
Exhibit KIB's Cultural Values of Teamwork, Responsibility, Excellence, Openness, Balance, and Joy.
Education and/or equivalent experience:
5 years of community engagement experience and Bachelor's degree; (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com