Grant Writer (part-time) - Center for the Performing Arts and Great American Songbook Foundation
- 04-Feb-2019 to 04-Mar-2019
- - Center for the Performing Arts
- Carmel, IN, USA
- Part Time
The Grant Writer serves as a development team member and an active participant in expanding philanthropic support for the Center for the Performing Arts (CPA) and The American Songbook Foundation (GASF). The grant writer will support the development team by identifying grant opportunities through research, preparing grant applications for review and submitting applications on a timely basis.
About the CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS:
Starting with grand opening of the Palladium in January 2011, the Center for the Performing Arts is an inviting gathering place for the community, along with the Center's Studio Theater and the Tarkington. Combined, the three venues are a place for community engagement and for people to celebrate great art together.
The Center is not only a haven for local theater, dance and music organizations to perform, it also provides three of the finest stages in the world playing host to the globe's most gifted performers.
Equally important to the talents performing on stage is the Center's architecture. Our success will be measured both by the works on stage and the inspiration found under our magnificent classical Palladio dome. There is no other complex built in North America where so much attention has been paid to acoustics. The Palladium will last 500 years or more, creating a legacy that will be passed along to our children and grandchildren for generations to come.
The mission of the Center for the Performing Arts is to welcome, engage, inspire, and transform through compelling performing arts experiences in a world class environment.
More information is available at www.thecenterfortheperformingarts.org
The Great American Songbook Foundation is a 501(c)(3) Grammy affiliated non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the music of the Great American Songbook.
Founded by Michael Feinstein in 2007, the mission of the Great American Songbook Foundation is to inspire and educate by celebrating the Great American Songbook. We are committed to perpetuating this music and its history via initiatives to preserve the physical artifacts of the Songbook's creators, performers and publishers, and make these cultural treasures accessible through intergenerational programming that focuses on interactive, educational and immersive experiences for all. Find out more at: https://thesongbook.org
The Grant Writer serves as a development team member and an active participant in expanding philanthropic support for the Center for the Performing Arts (CPA) and The American Songbook Foundation (GASF). The grant writer will support the development team by identifying grant opportunities through research, preparing grant applications for review and submitting applications on a timely basis. This position will be responsible for tracking applications, required reporting and overall grant management. The grant writer will work with the program areas to ensure commitments made in the applications are incorporated into the program delivery. This position is hourly and fluctuates according to grant cycles and grant application deadlines. The CPA and GASF are two separate non-profit organizations with a shared development staff.
• Possess seasoned, well-developed, superior writing style and a persuasive written voice
• Serve as the sole grant-focused staff member reporting to the Development Strategy & Research Manager to coordinate the organizations' revenue from grant-making institutions
• Responsible for project management associated with the grant solicitation strategy, tracking and reporting
• Research and identify new and prospective opportunities for CPA and GASF to expand the existing base of current granting relationships
• Solicit necessary information from staff and collaborative partners to develop a knowledge base needed for successful grant submissions; access and utilize data from CRM Tessitura
• Author compelling, creative and effective grant applications; submit applications in a timely manner
• Manage financial, qualitative and quantitative data collection for thorough reporting to granting organizations; submit periodic/final reports as directed by granting terms
• This part-time position offers the opportunity to work remotely
• Attend in-person one 90-minute weekly meeting with development staff
• This position provides opportunity for the Grant Writer to continue/pursue additional work in the field; this is a non-exclusive position
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in related field (English, journalism, communication, business, philanthropy, etc) preferred
• Minimum of three years' experience grant writing, with preference given to arts/culture sector
• Previous experience using CRM and/or fundraising platform (i.e., Tessitura, Raiser's Edge, etc.)
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com