Program Manager - Jameson Camp
- 04-Feb-2019 to 20-Feb-2019
- - Jameson Camp
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive salary, partially based on applicant’s level of experience.
- Full Time
Jameson Camp is currently hiring a full-time, year-round Program Manager to work with us in bringing forward our organization's programming. The Program Manager will head our camper recruitment and registration programs, leading the team in our interactions and relationships with camp families. The position will also hold leadership roles in both Jameson's Summer Camp and Outdoors programs.
We are proud to be able to make the camp experience possible for ALL children. We are seeking a full-time Program Staff member who is equally excited to share in that ambition. Located on 130 wooded acres 1 mile from the Indianapolis International Airport, we offer year-round & Summer programming including Summer Camp, Outdoor Education, Challenge Course, & Youth Leadership programs. Many of our children are referred by community partners for social and emotional needs to include ADHD, higher functioning Autism, children in foster care, and youth in homeless/transient circumstances. Our programs include an intentional focus on character and social skills development, all while exploring, swimming, and playing at camp with friends!
• Manage & lead Jameson's Summer Camp recruitment & registration programs.
• Efficiently handle camper records, database management, and family contacts.
• Recruit and supervise a seasonal Families & Communications Specialist, interns, and volunteers, in various roles with our recruitment & registration programs.
• Seek and develop strategic partnerships that advance our programming.
• Manage & lead first point of contact with camp's Outdoors Programs to include agreements & billing.
• Provide leadership in Outdoors Programs management, especially in the August – November months.
• Support leadership of Summer Camp programming in a specific role: e.g. Youth Leadership, Aquatics, Food Service, Health Services, and/or co-Staff Training Supervisor.
• Assist with grant and funder reporting.
• Assist in camp's weekend coverage responsibilities.
• Support the leadership team's work in certification committee processes.
• Support the leadership team's work with our year-round Youth Leadership program.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field such as social work, recreation, education.
• Three years' experience working with youth/families, ideally including youth/families experiencing social and/or emotional challenges (e.g. Autism, ADHD, poverty, etc.).
• Must have a strong interest in working with youth ages 5 – 18.
• Be capable of working flexible hours, weekends included; be willing to take on an increased time commitment in the Summer months (May – August); and have dependable transportation.
• Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working with a variety of populations including children, teens, parents, and community partners.
• Individual must be welcoming, friendly, & open-minded. Able to grow & foster positive community relations with camper families, community partners, and camp staff/volunteers.
• Must be scrupulously organized, dependable, keep accurate records, and possess self-initiative.
• Individual should be able to work independently and take ownership of a breadth of responsibility while remaining organized and prioritizing tasks.
• Interest and passion for community-building and bringing people together.
• Prior experience supervising others.
• Prior background in camp programming, outdoor education, and/or challenge course/team-building programming.
• Applications for both, those willing to serve residentially in the Summer months, and those interested in non-residential capacity, will be considered. Summer residential service preferred.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. What experience or qualities do you feel make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
2. Please tell us more about what you have learned about building community and sustaining positive and supportive culture within a community.
3. Would you be able to serve residentially in our Summer Camp programming? These programs run from Mid May – Early August and include most Saturdays off.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by February 20, 2019
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com