Development Assistant - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 11-Feb-2019 to 11-Mar-2019
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana seeks an administrative professional to assist in carrying out development operations. Reporting to the Development Director, this position manages our donor relations database and provides administrative support to development/marketing team. The successful candidate will provide strong attention to detail, data management experience to perform substantial data entry and reporting within Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge and exhibit a high level of customer service.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers ("Bigs") and children ("Littles"), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country. We develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
• Manage all aspects of Raiser's Edge database, recordkeeping, and reporting for development operations.
• Maintain accurate electronic and hard copy records on all donors, gifts, pledges, and actions, including special event data.
• Maintain accurate records on all cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts.
• Develop invitation and mailing lists, track RSVPs, and provide reports for meetings and special events.
• Work within policies and procedures for development data, donor, and gift management, e.g. donor records, gift entry, data entry, actions, queries, and reports.
• Manage revenue deposits, the corresponding record-keeping
• Working with Finance team, reconcile development reports and records with finance/accounting records according to schedule.
• Working with Finance team, develop a system and produce donor documentation and information needed for annual audit.
• Conduct prospect or donor research as requested.
• Assist and train staff on use of Raiser's Edge database for relationship management.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings as needed.
• Assist with solicitation calls during active campaigns.
• Provide general administrative support for team projects or meetings.
• Assist with evening and weekend events as needed.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Track all stewardship efforts.
• Assist with data entry of solicitations/notes/proposals when needed.
• Assist with thank you calls to donors
• Prepare content for timely and customized acknowledgement letters
• Assist with the creation of new and engaging donor communications on a monthly basis to empower and steward our donors base.
• Prepare and mail acknowledgement letters, receipts, invoices, pledge reminders, gift renewals, etc. according to schedule.
• Prepare special birthday/sympathy/thank you cards for supporters/volunteers when needed.
• Ensure all pledge reminders are sent out according to schedule identified by donor or sponsor and ensure timely follow up on outstanding pledges as needed
• Provide first line of customer service, assistance, and hospitality to prospective and existing donors.
• Coordinate and execute stewardship events under the direction of the Development Director.
• Support the development team.
• Attend required meetings and events as scheduled.
• Establish and promote positive communication among all team members of BBBSCI to increase collaboration and reduce inefficiencies.
• Represent BBBSCI in a professional manner at all times, providing courteous service to both internal and external constituent and presenting a positive image of BBBSCI.
• Abide by BBBSCI policies and practices.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience with Raiser's Edge or a similar database
• Team player and collaborative
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exhibits a high level of customer service
• Event planning experience preferred
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by March 11.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com