Fundraising Officer - Arts for Lawrence
- 15-Feb-2019 to 16-Mar-2019
- - Arts for Lawrence
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $30K - $40K commensurate with experience
- Full Time
Execute fundraising activities for Arts for Lawrence to further our mission of: Connecting Arts to Community to inspire everyone every day. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Fundraising Officer is responsible for executing fundraising activities including membership drive, special events, and sponsorship and donor cultivation, while also supporting marketing efforts. The Fundraising Officer is a key team member in the organization and their fundraising efforts are essential to further AFL's continued success.
• Meets fundraising revenue goals established in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
• Leads the development and implementation of strategies to achieve defined goals, as agreed upon with the Executive Director.
• Creates and leads processes that systematically engage staff and volunteers to contribute to fundraising success.
• Develops and manages the affiliate's marketing, public relations, and communications strategy in collaboration with the Executive Director and Program Director.
• Communicates and collaborates with fellow staff members to understand and meet fundraising and marketing objectives within the larger operation.
Fundraising – 75%
1. Supports the Executive Director and Development Committee's fundraising/public relations plan, which is aligned with Arts for Lawrence's long-term strategic plan.
2. Provides semi-monthly fundraising and marketing reports to Executive Director.
3. Provides monthly fundraising and marketing reports to the Development Committee.
4. Oversees the organization's membership plan.
5. Supports the Development Committee and its chairperson by scheduling regular meetings.
6. Assists with the recruitment and training of volunteers for the affiliate's annual campaign and special event.
7. Organizes and manages annual campaign and approved special events within budget.
8. Assists Executive Director or Program Director with the submission of grant requests to foundations and corporations.
9. Stewards existing donors to ensure repeat gifts. Stewardship to include business visits, calls, letters, emails, and communication as appropriate to the relationship.
10. Researches new prospects and works with Board, Executive Director, and fellow staff to develop a strategy for cultivation and solicitation.
11. Solicits in-kind donations.
Public Relations (25%)
1. Helps to manage AFL's website.
2. Cultivates relationships with local and regional media outlets.
3. Accepts public speaking and volunteer recruitment engagements, as requested.
4. Supports house dedication celebrations by providing media outreach, donor recognition, and advocacy opportunities, ensuring the community is aware of the organization's impact.
5. Attends training events as assigned by the Executive Director.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
1. Commitment to the goals and mission of Arts for Lawrence
2. Relevant bachelor's degree.
3. 2-4 years fundraising and marketing experience with a proven track record of gift solicitation and marketing.
4. Ability to think strategically, both individually and as part of a team.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a willingness and ability to speak to large, public groups.
6. Strong organizational skills.
7. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
8. Possesses relationship-building skills necessary to motivate volunteers.
9. A positive role model and team player.
Ideal candidates for this position received their bachelor's degree within the past five years and have worked two to four years in a fundraising support position with additional marketing duties. They are ready to take on more responsibility, to work alongside key leaders, to contribute new ideas while maintaining proven processes, and to represent a well-respected organization in the community. They are disciplined in their approach. They understand the unique desires of corporate, individual and business donors. And, they are respectful of the essential roles carried out by board members, fellow staff, key executives, and volunteers. Candidates for Fundraising Officer have a "whatever-it-takes" perspective on philanthropy, ensuring the mission of the organization is their top priority.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume, cover letter and three references. No calls please.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com