Gift & Data Entry Specialist - Earlham College
- 25-Feb-2019 to 26-Mar-2019
- - Earlham College
- Richmond, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Gift & Data Entry Specialist is responsible for the entry and maintenance of gifts, pledges and biographical data in the donor/alumni database. The Gift & Data Entry Specialist will adhere to Earlham College's policies regarding gift, pledge, and payment recording, as well as updating and validating biographical information to ensure it is accurately entered and represented in the database.
Major Duties and Responsibilities – Gift Processing:
• Collect daily donations received by Development, Business Office and other College departments; evaluate, sort and total all donations made on a daily basis in order to create daily gift batches.
• Process gifts according to organizational and industry standards with complete accuracy while adhering to 48-hour turnaround receipting/acknowledgment policy.
• Analyze gifts and backup information to determine appropriate campaigns, funds and appeals for each gift to be processed; distribute receipts to appropriate staff according to acknowledgement procedure.
• Verify all pertinent information given with the gift and make necessary record changes in the database. Add names and other pertinent information of new donors to the database.
• Verify, prepare and process matching gifts for submission to the matching agency; process and enter matching gifts into the database when they are received.
• Produce and distribute various reports pertaining to the gift entry process, including gift rosters to the Alumni and Development administrative staff and Business Office.
• Communicate with staff and donors regarding questions relating to gift processing and data updates.
• Add information on donors and gifts to comment screen as appropriate.
• Maintain organized filing systems and ensure proper documentation is retained. Some documents are scanned and stored electronically while others are kept in physical files. Other gift processing duties may include:
• Create new designations as needed, using information provided by accounting.
• Adjust gifts and pledges as directed by supervisor.
• Download daily reports from student calling; update database with new information; enter pledges.
• Enter pledges and forward as appropriate for acknowledgment.
• Process online giving, including requesting and updating payment pages, creating data exports, reporting settlement allocation to accounting, assisting donors with editing recurring gifts, and acting as a resource to donors and co-workers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities – Data Entry:
• Enter constituent data for all individuals and organizations, including address updates, constituent demographics, and relationship links.
• Update and maintain computer records from returned mail, the alumni update form, alums@earlham emails and other sources
• Data entry projects, such as entering incoming students and their parents to the database, phone/data appends, NCOA updates
• Use AlumniFinder and other online tools to research constituent data as needed
• Communicate with constituents by email as needed to verify information. Other data entry duties may include:
• Research deceased constituents and make appropriate updates
• Update requests for portal usernames
• Update data from integrity checks.
• Update database with student activity rosters.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
• Ability to adapt to frequently changing technology and procedures
• Ability to interact effectively with constituents via phone, email and in person to resolve questions regarding biographical or gift data
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, solve problems and adjust quickly to changing situations while maintaining strong commitment to customer service.
• Employment is contingent on a background check. Computer skills:
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, including mail merges.
• Experience with Ellucian Banner or other shared database
• Ability to manage logins and use multiple 3rd party websites for research and data retrieval.
• Ability to manage software and files on a PC running Windows 7.
• Ability to print envelopes and letterhead to shared network printers.
• Assessment of skills will occur.
Qualified Earlham employees wishing to be considered among the applicants for this position should notify their supervisors and the Human Resources Office promptly.
Click the APPLY button to submit a letter of application, resume and the name, position title, email and phone number for three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com