Receptionist/Office Assistant - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 25-Feb-2019 to 26-Mar-2019
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Receptionist/Office Assistant manages the front desk and ensures all guests are greeted in a timely and professional manner with a high level of customer service. This role helps ensure the building is running smoothly, items are in their place and performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes strong, enduring and professionally supported mentoring relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country-including Marion, Hamilton, and Johnson counties in central Indiana. Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parent/guardians, volunteers, schools, donors and others in the community to be accountable for helping youth in our program achieve 1) educational success, 2) avoidance of risky behaviors, and 3) higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
Front Desk Reception:
• Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
• Assist visitors in navigating the office or accommodating their needs
• Announce and connect visitors to the appropriate person and office
• Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
• Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/fax/deliveries
• Maintain Agency Calendar and room reservations
• Ensure reception and kitchen areas are tidy, stocked and presentable
• Assist with room set up
• Maintain Welcome sign with daily updates
• Assist with ticket drop off and pick up-process, completing in-kind forms as needed
• Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access into the building
• Ensure efficient and effective office operations
• Coordinate with vendors for employee IT needs such as work station and phone set-up, as well as monitoring/coordinating service for technology issues
• Coordinate and oversee service calls for general office equipment maintenance (including printers, postage machine, water cooler, shred-it, etc.)
• Manage check-out system for equipment such as cameras, wireless cards, spare laptops/tablets
• Ensure supplies are stocked throughout office
• Oversee purchasing for office and facility supplies and keep inventory of stock
• Conduct monthly reports on copier and postage usage
• Maintain and communicate office policies and procedures
• Manage effective storage, organization and recordkeeping systems agency-wide
• Oversee facility rental/reservation requests and agreements with external parties
• Coordinate with relevant law enforcement entities to support safety and security
• Coordinate with property management services to ensure external and internal services are preformed according to expectations.
Program and Administrative Support:
• Assist with program tasks or projects as requested- making copies, putting together packets, etc
• Complete volunteer/youth intake or reference calls as needed
• Make edits and coordinate Agency Handbook and Program Manual updates
• Become crossed trained to support other functions
• Assist with meeting and event prep
• Coordinate mailing projects
• Help with data entry as needed [TME/Giving Tuesday]
• Assist with event and meeting prep as requested
• Willing to work Monday-Thursday 8am-6pm, on most weekdays with occasional flexibility to work on other days of the week and/or other hours.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
• Work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role, preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com