Human Resource Manager - Indiana Youth Group
- 25-Feb-2019 to 26-Mar-2019
- - Indiana Youth Group
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Indiana Youth Group is seeking a strong, self-motivated, dynamic professional to join its expanding organization. Indiana Youth Group is a 501 (c) 3 that serves LGBTQ+ youth ages 12-20 in Indiana. We are a growing organization and we are excited to add a full-time Human Resources Manager to our team.
Duties will include building policies and procedures, recruitment, onboarding, training, employee relations, benefits administration, diversity & inclusion, and day to day policy administration and interpretation. We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off and fully paid medical insurance.
The ideal professional will have a bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary education plus professional experience. Human Resource Manager reports directly to the CEO. Resumes will be accepted through March 22, 2019.
• Lead development of HR policies and procedures following non-profit best practices, ensuring consistent application of policies across the organization
• Handle employee relations issues; assist in conducting investigations
• Develop, implement and drive internal and external diversity & inclusion strategy
• Staff training and professional development
• Coordinates trainings for all IYG staff, including training for managers in HR practices such as performance reviews, workers compensation, disciplinary action and terminations
• Lead building and revision of policies and procedures
• Lead revision of Employee Handbook
• Advises Senior Staff and Managers in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
• Conducts exit interviews and prepares employee separation notices and related documentation
• Maintains Human Resource records and compiles reports from these information sources as requested
• Maintains compliance with federal and state employment regulations
• Assist auditors and grant partners with requested personnel documents
• Provide guidance to managers and supervisors regarding policies and procedures of the organization
• Manage performance and disciplinary matters
• Consult with managers and supervisors regarding various performance issues such as absenteeism, changes in work settings, turnover, etc.
• Work with accounting to resolve payroll discrepancies
• Maintain accuracy and confidentiality of personnel records, personnel-related correspondence, conversations, and any other issues.
• Ensure all required workplace postings are current and displayed in visible location
• Other duties as assigned
• BA/BS or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of professional work experience in all areas of Human Resources, including recruitment, employee relations, diversity & inclusion, and benefits administration
• Expert knowledge of state and federal employment laws, wage and salary benchmarks and rules
• Demonstrated ability to function exceptionally in rapidly growing and fast-paced work environment; ability to multi-task while prioritizing important issues
• Strong attention to detail, organizational ability, and commitment to a high quality and timely work product is a must
• Ability to work independently as well as part of team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• An ability to develop policies and strategies for assisting, attracting and retaining talented personnel
• Strong professional ethics and a sensitivity to maintaining confidentiality
• Prior work experience with a non-profit organization
• PC proficiency and established skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Chris Paulsen.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com