Human Resource Manager - Indiana Youth Group
- 25-Feb-2019 to 26-Mar-2019
- - Indiana Youth Group
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Indiana Youth Group is seeking a strong, self-motivated, dynamic professional to join its expanding organization. Indiana Youth Group is a 501 (c) 3 that serves LGBTQ+ youth ages 12-20 in Indiana. We are a growing organization and we are excited to add a full-time Human Resources Manager to our team.
Duties will include building policies and procedures, recruitment, onboarding, training, employee relations, benefits administration, diversity & inclusion, and day to day policy administration and interpretation. We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off and fully paid medical insurance.
The ideal professional will have a bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary education plus professional experience. Human Resource Manager reports directly to the CEO. Resumes will be accepted through March 22, 2019.
• Lead development of HR policies and procedures following non-profit best practices, ensuring consistent application of policies across the organization
• Handle employee relations issues; assist in conducting investigations
• Develop, implement and drive internal and external diversity & inclusion strategy
• Staff training and professional development
• Coordinates trainings for all IYG staff, including training for managers in HR practices such as performance reviews, workers compensation, disciplinary action and terminations
• Lead building and revision of policies and procedures
• Lead revision of Employee Handbook
• Advises Senior Staff and Managers in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
• Conducts exit interviews and prepares employee separation notices and related documentation
• Maintains Human Resource records and compiles reports from these information sources as requested
• Maintains compliance with federal and state employment regulations
• Assist auditors and grant partners with requested personnel documents
• Provide guidance to managers and supervisors regarding policies and procedures of the organization
• Manage performance and disciplinary matters
• Consult with managers and supervisors regarding various performance issues such as absenteeism, changes in work settings, turnover, etc.
• Work with accounting to resolve payroll discrepancies
• Maintain accuracy and confidentiality of personnel records, personnel-related correspondence, conversations, and any other issues.
• Ensure all required workplace postings are current and displayed in visible location
• Other duties as assigned
• BA/BS or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of professional work experience in all areas of Human Resources, including recruitment, employee relations, diversity & inclusion, and benefits administration
• Expert knowledge of state and federal employment laws, wage and salary benchmarks and rules
• Demonstrated ability to function exceptionally in rapidly growing and fast-paced work environment; ability to multi-task while prioritizing important issues
• Strong attention to detail, organizational ability, and commitment to a high quality and timely work product is a must
• Ability to work independently as well as part of team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• An ability to develop policies and strategies for assisting, attracting and retaining talented personnel
• Strong professional ethics and a sensitivity to maintaining confidentiality
• Prior work experience with a non-profit organization
• PC proficiency and established skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Chris Paulsen.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com