Buddy Walk® Coordinator (part-time) – Down Syndrome Indiana, Inc.
- 25-Feb-2019 to 26-Mar-2019
- - Down Syndrome Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $15.00 per hour
- Part Time
Part Time: 14 to 20 hours a week on average
748 – 1,040 hours per year
748 – 1,040 hours per year
We enhance the lives of individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
We advise, educate, encourage, connect, include, and advocate.
This PART-TIME position is responsible for coordinating and implementing ALL aspects of Buddy Walk® Indianapolis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Overall responsibility for execution of the Buddy Walk® events, our largest special event with a 20 year history. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• assisting staff and volunteer activities
• tracking event reservations
• monitoring event budget
• evaluating outcomes
• application for license-gaming division
• recruiting volunteers
2. Coordinate event committee and committee chairs and coordinate the activities of both volunteer and staff in order to meet the specified goals and objectives.
3. Maintain accurate and detailed records of all events, conducts post event evaluations and prepares final event reports.
4. Prepare event budgets and progress reports.
5. Maintain records and data bases related to special events. Enter pledges and reservations in database program and make regular reports.
6. Responsible for recruiting and managing event sponsors and donors.
7. Attend and actively participate in regular meetings of the event committees.
8. Serve as a liaison between DSI, vendors, suppliers, sponsors, underwriters, product donors, etc.
9. Coordinate with key personnel to provide publicity for events.
10. Work positively with volunteers, assisting and supporting their involvement in work assignments, whenever appropriate.
11. A professional and positive attitude is expected at all times while interacting with peers, co-workers and the public.
12. Perform any additional duties and/or assume other responsibilities as delegated by Executive Director to ensure a successful event.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
• Must be highly organized and self-driven;
• Extraordinary aptitude for dealing with people, always maintaining a friendly, courteous, and professional demeanor;
• Strong problem solving skills;
• Excellent oral communication skills, and writing ability;
• Proficiency in accuracy, detail, and follow-up;
• Ability to multi-task; handle stressful situations and constant deadline pressures;
• Budgeting experience;
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including long hours around special event time ;
• Display original thinking and creativity;
• Meets challenges with resourcefulness, makes timely decisions and deadlines;
• Reacts well under pressure;
Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments;
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
• Must be an advanced and competent user of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Click the APPLY button for full job description through our website.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com