Director of Development - Youth Opportunity Center Foundation
- 25-Feb-2019 to 26-Mar-2019
- - Youth Opportunity Center Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive salary
- Full Time
- Medical & Dental, Free on-site clinic, retirement plan, PDO, wellness program
The Director of Development performs a variety of tasks to support the work of the YOC Foundation and the YOC overall. The primary role is to serve as the Executive Director of the YOC Foundation. This role includes leadership of all foundation strategy and execution efforts to accomplish the goals of the Foundation. In addition, this role will be directly engaged in business development and organizational leadership. Anyone performing in this role must be able to demonstrate vision, energy, and follow through.
The YOC is a premier outpatient and residential treatment facility located in Muncie, Indiana which provides on-going programs and services to over two-thirds of Indiana counties. At the YOC, caring, trained, and educated staff members teach life skills to at-risk youth from across the state. Our uniqueness is our ability to service the most difficult youth with extreme behavioral and emotional challenges. Our multi-discipline team approach, with the client and family at the center, involves clinical, behavioral, medical and academic strategies to help equip the entire family with the tools necessary to be successful. Teamwork is a must!
Strategic Oversight of Development Activities
• Serves as the Executive Director of the YOC Foundation and provides leadership, direction, and organizational philosophy to the YOC Foundation.
• Demonstrates ethical fundraising practices and adheres to all local, state and federal laws applicable to the operations of a not-for-profit agency.
• Provides administrative and fiscal oversight of all activities of the Foundation and directs the management and administration of all private gifts received for the benefit of the Youth Opportunity Center.
• Designs and leads a comprehensive development plan for the YOC Foundation which includes new donor acquisition, donor renewal, and stewardship activities to meet the fundraising goals established by the YOC.
• Directs all fundraising efforts on behalf of the YOC and YOC Foundation, including employee campaign, annual campaigns, events, grant requests, planned giving, matching campaigns, etc.
• Initiates strategic planning activities, board recruitment strategies, and development plan implementation.
• Instrumental in creating collateral materials to represent the Foundation, including writing appeal letters, funding proposals to individual donors, foundations and corporations.
• Provides accountability and ensures grants and proposals are recorded and utilized according to the donor's intent.
• Proactively implements stewardship activities with donors including annual donor recognition within the Shafer Giving Society.
• Active in the execution of development activities that enhance donor engagement and stewardship to advance the Foundations' mission further. This includes events, lunch-n-learns, tours, fundraising campaigns, donor events, etc.
• Actively prepares and participates in YOC Foundation Board meetings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
• Bachelor's degree in philanthropy, marketing, public relations, or related field from an accredited college or university is required. Experience working in a not-for-profit environment where fundraising, grant writing, board interaction, and public relations were required is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS NEEDED
• Must take initiative and formulate a course of action to accomplish goals
• Must have the ability to develop relationships easily and build networks between people
• Must have the ability to work collaboratively with Board Leadership
• Ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people including co-workers, donors, and vendors
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to support multiple work assignments simultaneously
• Strong computer application skills are a must (Microsoft Office and fundraising database systems)
• Must be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people and situations
• Able to identify problems and resolve them in a timely and appropriate manner
• Must be able to prioritize and plan work to maximize efficiency
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com