Development Department Intern - The Villages of Indiana
- 04-Mar-2019 to 03-Apr-2019
- - Villages of Indiana, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
The Villages of Indiana is seeking a qualified intern to work within and contribute to our Development team. The position will be part-time, is unpaid, and can last from 3-6 months. Academic credit can be arranged. The internship spans a range of responsibilities in the Development department including special event management, communications planning, and coordinating with volunteers. The intern position will be focused on assisting the Development team with management of major fundraising efforts throughout the spring and summer, if possible.
College or Graduate students with emphasis in their studies on Fundraising, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Work, Event Management or Public and/or Non-profit Administration are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Development staff in organizing day-to-day communications via social media and email campaigns
• Assist Development staff in event planning and coordination
• Research projects, prospects, and initiatives for the Development team
• Assist Development Department in development of volunteer program for the entire organization. Includes working with offices to designate volunteer opportunities, establishing volunteer needs, and creating communications and processes to attaining those volunteers
• Perform general administrative duties to assist The Villages Development staff, to include general filing and data entry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong research skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience with research a plus
• Experience working with databases a plus, with Raiser's Edge or similar CRM experience preferred
• Experience with WordPress and Constant Contact preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and information
• An understanding of The Villages programs and interest in its mission
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com