Development Associate - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 04-Mar-2019 to 03-Apr-2019
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
The Development Associate will provide administrative and logistical support for annual campaigns, special events, and donor stewardship activities, in addition to assisting with the management of the agency's donor database.
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees to Indiana and offers them a place to call home. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, as well as education, employment and health services for individuals and families starting out in their new lives. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3), and non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works with Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
• Manage and oversee the donor database, including recording gifts, updating donor profiles, and generating queries and reports.
• Assist with donor inquiries, process acknowledgement letters, manage online donation platforms, and renew/upgrade monthly donors.
• Conduct research on prospective donors, corporations, organizations and foundations, and prepare reports.
• Provide administrative and logistical support for development events and assist with securing in-kind donations.
• Coordinate with partners on all 3rd party fundraiser events.
• In collaboration with the Director of Development, assist with the writing, design, and execution of annual appeal mailings, impact reports, newsletters, and other communications.
• Serve as back-up to the Community Engagement Coordinator for public speaking engagements and in-kind donation drive support.
• Protect donor privacy and provide responsive and ethical delivery of services to donors
• Attend regular staff meetings and agency activities as required.
• Work evenings and weekends when required for special campaigns or events.
• Has a bachelor's degree or higher in a related field.
• 1-2 years of experience in fundraising, community outreach, communications, event management, or a related role preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills, plus attention to detail
• Experience with Bloomerang or similar donor management software preferred.
• Graphic design, photography, and/or digital media skills are a plus. (Adobe, inDesign, Photoshop, HTML, or similar).
• Must be comfortable in intercultural environments.
• Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility, and commitment to refugees.
• Must be able to function as part of a team.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions. No walk-ins or phone calls.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com