Director of Workforce Development – Saint Joseph’s College of Marian University
- 04-Mar-2019 to 03-Apr-2019
- - Marian University
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Marian University is seeking a Director of Workforce Development for Saint Joseph's College of Marian University – Indianapolis. The Director of Workforce Development, under the guidance and leadership of the Executive Director, will lead the business development efforts related to the industry experience for @saintjoeindy's students. This role has primary responsibility for identifying and securing employer partners, managing said relationships to ensure timely and responsive feedback related to student performance/growth, and ensuring connections to curriculum development so the work and classroom experiences complement one another.
The Director of Workforce Development will use voice-of-the-customer and demand-driven data to develop strategies and execute plans. The Director will work closely with the Executive Director, the Associate Director & Dean in establishing strategic linkages with employers and associations related to the economic sectors @saintjoeindy serves.
• Establish partnerships with local employers for part-time, paid employment for students throughout two-year program.
• Create all related policies and procedures (in consultation with the Executive Director) including, but not limited to: employer expectations, hiring procedures (matching process), student readiness to work, ongoing supervision, and performance evaluation.
• Assure curricula and training are meeting the needs of employers and supporting the various industries being served by @saintjoeindy.
• Assure programs and curricula developed in partnership with industry partners comply with academic policies.
• Study enrollment, retention, completion, success, and other student data and make recommendations to appropriate leadership based on the analysis.
• Network and collaborate with senior management from employers that are known to set industry
demand and trends; are influential statewide, nationwide, or globally; or who employ a significant
• Present to industry groups, leaders, etc. information about @saintjoeindy programs, capabilities, and
resources related to those sectors.
• Serve as a "career coach" for students (and develop a network of outside career advisors to assist).
• Work closely with The Exchange team (career development office for 4-year institution) to coordinate employer contacts, to facilitate programming and instruction on professional development topics, and to develop more intensive summer offerings delivered by The Exchange team.
• Stay abreast of trends across major industries to identify new opportunities for education and training, and/or to adjust current education and training as it relates to workforce readiness.
• Other duties may be assigned, as appropriate and necessary.
• Bachelor's degree (all majors will be considered).
• A minimum of three (3) years' related experience in business, industry, training, educational administration or teaching at the post-secondary level or other related activity.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to connect with a multitude of audiences.
• Project management experience.
• Strong initiative and critical-thinking skills.
• Solid follow-through with all constituents.
• Commitment to customer service (both employers and students).
• The ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to travel, locally, regionally, and nationally.
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation's preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report's top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university's culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state's first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University's football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women's basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 42 national titles.
Click the APPLY button to submit Current Resume, Cover Letter and names and contact information of three professional references. Only complete applicant packets submitted will be considered.
Marian University is committed to diversity and encourages persons from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position. Marian University is an EOE.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com