Stewardship Specialist - Central Indiana Land Trust
- 04-Mar-2019 to 03-Apr-2019
- - Central Indiana Land Trust, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The stewardship specialist oversees activities for all nature preserves and conservation easements, including restoration, monitoring and management efforts. Additionally, this employee will work with CILTI staff to implement defined stewardship program objectives and build public awareness of organizational mission, including leading hikes and education programs on nature preserves.
• Effectively work with volunteers and seasonal staff to execute the organization's stewardship goals and objectives.
• Provide leadership and guidance in implementing long-term strategic planning in stewardship program areas.
• Develop and coordinate stewardship work days.
• Provide leadership in implementing preserve management plans for stewardship goals and preserve management.
• Develop and maintain stewardship monitoring efforts at CILTI preserves and conservation easements.
• Provide leadership, training and oversight to Wednesday Warriors and other volunteers and interns.
• Provide leadership and coordination of the organization's efforts to identify, develop and initiate stewardship projects.
• Develop and implement plans to provide public access, understanding and enjoyment of current and future land preserves.
• Assist in CILTI's ability to collaborate with other organizations and agencies, including increasing public awareness of organizational mission and goals.
• Manage all stewardship-related government contracts and deliverables.
• Develop, update and implement management plans for all CILTI land preserves under established policies and procedures, including any outlined by Land Trust Alliance.
• Implement restoration management on CILTI preserves, including methods such as invasive species control, deer hunting, tree planting, native plant seeding and planting.
• Actively participate in initial stages of land assessment for land preserves and easements.
• Work in coordination with fundraising staff for stewardship-focused grants.
• Work with Executive Director to establish and maintain a holistic stewardship plan and system to manage and maintain information gathered and used in such a plan.
• Represent the organization, as needed, as a presenter/educator in various situations designed to increase public awareness of the mission and goals of CILTI stewardship.
• Maintain relationships with conservation easement owners and ensure monitoring is done on annual basis for all easements; work with Executive Director if any violations are found.
• Maintain and organize all records of nature preserves and conservation easements.
• Maintain stewardship equipment in good working order.
• Manage stewardship budget and income-generating projects.
Physical Requirements: Ability to walk several miles per day over rough terrain, use power equipment such as chain saws, use herbicides, and work outside in all weather conditions.
Education Requirements: A minimum of bachelor's degree or analogous experience required. A master's degree in a science-related field preferred.
Additional Requirements: Valid driver's license required. Competency with Microsoft Office products required and GIS software competency preferred.
Schedule: Some nights and weekends required within a flexible work schedule
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter and resume, or mail to: Stacy Cachules, Assistant Director, Central Indiana Land Trust, 1500 N. Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202.
No phone calls please.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com