Director of Development - Building Tomorrow
- 09-Mar-2019 to 01-Apr-2019
- - Building Tomorrow, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Building Tomorrow, an international non-profit promoting quality education in Uganda, is seeking a Director of Development to cultivate a diversified donor base, grow our annual operating budget, and strategically advance our work. The Director of Development will build strategic relationships with external partners and effectively communicate Building Tomorrow's value proposition to enable the organization to reach more than 275,000 children by 2020.
Started in 2006, Building Tomorrow improves access to child-friendly, community-supported schools by providing an inclusive, quality education for underserved children. Through our Thriving Schools Program, we deploy Building Tomorrow Fellows who recruit and train Community Education Volunteers, together bringing out-of-school children into the classroom while working with school leadership to ensure access to a quality, inclusive school environment. We also work hand-in-hand with local communities, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Education to construct new primary schools where no formal primary school exists. With a full-time staff of 105, just five of whom work in the United States, Building Tomorrow reaches over 101,000 students each day. Building Tomorrow has received funding and recognition for its innovative work from the Clinton Global Initiative, Educate a Child, Echoing Green, the Segal Family Foundation, and Forbes Magazine.
More information can be found online at: www.buildingtomorrow.org.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE
• Implement a business development strategic plan, leveraging existing commitments to grow the organization's annual operating budget to $5 million USD.
• Build a global pipeline of prospective partners within your first 12 months.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for select current partners while engaging with a growing number of new potential partners.
• Provide accurate, timely reporting to select institutional and private-sector partners.
• Compellingly share content, anecdotes and data from the field through various mediums.
• Oversee the planning and execution of Building Tomorrow's signature events hosted in Indianapolis.
• Represent Building Tomorrow at critical meetings and functions on an as needed basis.
• Travel to Uganda within your first six months to see Building Tomorrow's work first-hand.
• Professional experience raising multi-million-dollar amounts on an annual basis.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
• The desire, if not past experience, working in a growing, start-up-like organization.
• An excitement for pursuing non-traditional leads and undeterred by the prospect of a 'no'.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to speak confidently in front of crowds large and small.
• First-rate communication skills, both oral and written, with a keen attention to detail.
WE WANT YOU TO APPLY IF...
• You have an unshakeable passion for education equality, believing access to an inclusive, quality education is a basic human right.
• You possess creative ingenuity, being progressive in your thinking and approaching challenges old and new. You are intrapreneurial and unafraid to pilot new ideas.
• You are relentlessly determined. You refuse to accept the status quo and persistently strive to create new opportunities to reach more children, allowing them to reach their maximum potential.
• You believe in collaborative engagement. You believe more can be achieved together than alone, believe in the power of cultivating relationships and see everyone as an equal partner.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com