Membership & Database Coordinator (part-time) - Alpha Chi Sigma Fraternity
- 09-Mar-2019 to 08-Apr-2019
- - Alpha Chi Sigma Fraternity
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
Alpha Chi Sigma is a non-profit organization. Following the original concept for a fraternity as an academic organization, we are the only professional chemistry fraternity in the United States. Alpha Chi Sigma has more than 78,000 members (and growing); we bring together individuals pursuing a wide variety of chemistry-related careers.
Alpha Chi Sigma Fraternity seeks to employ a part-time Membership & Database Assistant to support day-to-day implementation of the Fraternity's operations. This person will report to the National Office Manager and will work directly with the Fraternity members, volunteers, and board. The hours and scheduling are flexible. The position would generally be around 20-25 hours per week. Possibly more or less depending on workload.
This position is involved in every step of the pledge and initiation process for our members. This job includes processing all membership information and paperwork including new members, initiations, member transfers, status changes upon graduation, and chapter rosters. The ability to handle multiple projects at the same time is crucial. Processing payments in NetCommunity and entering payments into QuickBooks is also included.
• Enter all pledge report forms into Raisers Edge.
• Confirm professional candidate forms.
• Update pledge and initiate log and maintain log uploaded daily to our website.
• Send instructional emails to new members and Chapter officers.
• Follow up with Chapters to ensure the National Office has received all documents and reports.
• Mail chapters sourcebooks, badges, pins, and other items as needed.
• Create invoices and apply payments received in QuickBooks online.
• Maintain contact with Chapters to answer questions, follow-up on issues, handle special circumstances, and keep tabs on chapters/pledge classes that may need extra support.
• Track and manage awards.
• Process reports and requests.
• Maintain the Fraternity's reputation for integrity, responsibility, caring and prudent management of member information.
• Provide ideas and suggestions, opinions and information in an articulate, professional manner.
• Perform additional duties as necessary when assigned.
• Three or more years of relevant experience in an educational environment such as a college or university preferred but aren't required.
• Membership in a Sorority or Fraternity is preferred, but not required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software is required (Word, Excel, mail merge, etc.). Excel is used daily, so proficiency with Excel is crucial.
• Basic understanding/knowledge of how databases work – experience in Raisers Edge, Blackbaud and NetCommunity is a plus. Those with Raiser's Edge experience are highly preferred.
• This position requires strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Must possess highly developed multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize and plan accordingly. Being proactive is very important with the ability to look ahead for any potential issues or problems.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple Chapters all at different points in the process and be able to keep up with multiple tasks and a variety of demands.
• Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently as well as a member of the team.
• Initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities.
• Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in constituent records.
• Ability to anticipate needs, see opportunities and use good judgement in dealing with confidential information.
• Aptitude for learning about the Greek industry, our principles and practices and the ability to maintain a professional, polished demeanor.
• Creativity in problem solving, high energy level and enthusiasm is key.
• Strong work ethic is vital.
Employees at Alpha Chi Sigma are subject to a drug screen, criminal background check, and employment history verification as a condition of employment. Personal and professional references are required.
• Associate or higher or equivalent
• Microsoft Office Suite: 2+ year, Strong Excel skills are required
• Raiser's Edge: 1+ year, or similar database experience
• Customer Service: 1+ year, Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
• QuickBooks online: 1+ year
• Google Applications, including G-mail: 1+ year
• Formsite Online Form Builder: 1+ year, or equivalent online form builder experience is a plus
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Do you have experience with Raisers Edge database? If so, please explain some of the duties you've performed within Raisers Edge. If you don't have Raisers Edge experience, but experience with another database, please briefly explain.
2. What type of work environment do you prefer and if you could choose your ideal schedule (between 20-25 hours a week) what would it be?
3. How much experience do you have with Excel? Would you consider yourself a beginner, intermediate, or advanced Excel user?
4. What type of personality type do you have?
5. How do you handle multiple projects at the same time?
6. What do you consider your biggest strength and your biggest weakness in a job setting?
7. What is your expected salary, and when are you available to start working?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com