Project Ready College Readiness Program (part-time) - Indianapolis Urban League
- 09-Mar-2019 to 08-Apr-2019
- - Indianapolis Urban League
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
The P-T staff position will work with the Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) students and their families to provide them with academic enrichment activities. IUL staff is committed to the Indianapolis Urban League (IUL) policies and demonstrated commitment in the area of equity, cross-cultural understanding and human rights. IUL Staff works in the school and reports directly to the Education, Youth Development and Project Ready Program Coordinator.
• To demonstrate knowledge of the issues and concerns facing at-risk youth;
• The ability to work as a contributing team member;
• To demonstrate above average interpersonal skills;
• The ability to promote an atmosphere of respect;
• The ability to make positive contribution to all functions and activities;
• The ability to resolve conflict;
• The ability to communicate effectively with adolescents, their families and other school officials;
• The ability to follow through with assigned tasks independently;
• The ability to use current technology;
• The ability to maintain confidentiality as is the norm in all issues related to students and their families;
• The ability to apply knowledge, experience and commitment in the areas of equity, cross-cultural understanding and human rights;
• Possess a valid IN driver's license with satisfactory driving history and insurance.
• Submit current criminal background check. (Provided by Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS).
Bachelor's Degree preferred in Education, Business, Technology, Social Work or Recreation. Bi-lingual desirable, but not required.
Job Specific Components:
Project Ready Staff shall perform such tasks as are assigned by the Education, Youth Development and Project Ready Program Coordinator but not limited to the tasks listed below.
• T work closely with teachers, administrators, parents and students to identify their individual and collective needs;
• To contribute to the development or appropriate activities for students;
• To build trust relationships with students and their families to encourage them to take an active role in their education, growth and development;
• To supervise students, maintain safety and order by establishing and enforcing rules, rewards, and discipline policy.
• To support the Indianapolis Urban League and Indianapolis Housing Agency, parents/caregivers and teachers and administrators;
• To maintain accurate records of participation in activities
• To plan and facilitate individual and group activities using the specified curriculum and supplemental materials.
• To work flexibly according to the demands of the school, the students and to perform other duties as assigned, which may be reasonably required, from time to time, including work outside of the scheduled hours.
• Drive vehicle as necessary for program implementation.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com