Program Coordinator - Morgan County Substance Abuse Council (MCSAC)
- 09-Mar-2019 to 25-Mar-2019
- - Morgan County Substance Abuse Council, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
MCSAC provides free programming and skills training to people of all ages throughout the county to reduce the incidence and prevalence of substance misuse by adults and youth. MCSAC also has the honor of awarding grants to local community organizations in three distinct sectors: prevention, treatment, and criminal justice.
Under general supervision of the Executive Director of the Morgan County Substance Abuse Council, Inc. (MCSAC). The Program Coordinator is primarily responsible for project and program planning and implementation. The Program Coordinator is also involved in administrative aspects of monthly meetings, special programs and events. A high level of independent judgment, initiative and problem-solving skills are required.
The Program Coordinator will need to be experienced and comfortable with community outreach as well as submitting reports and documentation for multiple projects and environmental strategies. This position will also require data collection and analysis. Associates degree preferred, but work experience will also be considered. Must possess a positive, professional work ethic; be flexible; and have the ability to multi-task. A background in community-based program planning and/or community relations and marketing is desirable.
Preferred skills for this position include:
• Program Coordinator will learn the mission of MCSAC and be able to communicate that mission to the community
• Be a liaison between MCSAC and community leaders
• Network and Collaborate with other organizations within the community
• Attend monthly MCSAC Board and Work Group meetings
• Implement Evidence Based Programming and/or build capacity of community
• Enter data and outcomes into online reporting system (Corkboard)
• Provide assistance with MCSAC grants including preparation of RFP's (requests for proposals), notification of grant screening schedule, and quarterly reports
• Assist with promotions and preparation of materials for community events, including health fairs, county fairs and festivals
• Attend trainings related to furthering the mission of MCSAC
• Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Email, Word, Desktop Publisher, and PowerPoint
• Have knowledge or the ability to quickly learn basic knowledge of multiple systems such as QuickBooks and Corkboard
• Firm grasp on social media such as Facebook and Twitter
• General office duties including receiving and screening calls, scheduling appointments, mail and greeting visitors
• Be able to promote a positive lifestyle
• Experience with a nonprofit Board of Directors
• Experience with LLC
• Experience in field of Prevention, Treatment or similar field
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Barbara Howe by March 25, 2019.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com