Database, Prospect Research Manager and Grant Manager - Indiana 4-H Foundation
- 21-Mar-2019 to 20-Apr-2019
- - Indiana 4-H Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- generous benefits position with retirement and insurance
The Database, Prospect Research and Grants Manager investigates, analyzes, and synthesizes large quantities of data into a user-friendly and concise format for the use of the development team. This position will serve as the Foundation's expert and administrator of The Raiser's Edge constituent database and conduct data analysis and prospect research. This role will also maintain the Indiana 4-H Foundation's donor-centric environment and continue to cultivate and grow strong constituent relationships for the Foundation and Purdue Extension.
We are proud to say that the Indiana 4-H Foundation has a half-century legacy of supporting Hoosier youth through our state's premier youth development organization, Indiana 4-H Youth Development. Since 1961, the Indiana 4-H Foundation has supported the statewide Indiana 4-H program administered by the Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service in all 92 counties.
A qualified 501(c)3 non-profit organization, the Foundation seeks to create and enhance growth and recognition opportunities for Indiana 4-H youth and their leaders. Ultimately, our goal is to enable Indiana 4-H youth to develop the hallmarks of successful citizens'responsibility, leadership and integrity.
• Sustain and evaluate policies and procedures for the integrity and use of the application
• Ensure all database users are adequately trained
• Process and acknowledge all gifts, pledges and pledge payments following defined guidelines for cash handling and audit policies
• Perform regular reconciliation with the financial database
• Provide accurate, updated, and relevant information as requested including all mailing lists and reports
• Perform prospect research and produce lists and reports for fundraising initiatives
• Complete complex database queries such as segmenting data for direct mail
• Using a broad spectrum of sources, the employee researches, organizes, and evaluates a prospect's financial capacity, ability to give, willingness to give, charitable interests, and connection to the organization
• Produce in-depth, well-written reports on prospects based on a combination of data from the donor database, available financial records, real estate ownership, and other markers of high quality donors
• Implements new research techniques as they are developed, striving to design the ultimate prospect research methodology
• Work with the Executive Director to plan and develop the Corporate and Foundation proposals and grant reports
• Serve as support for development volunteers and provide materials as needed, produce and update solicitation lists, reports, etc
• Manage Scholarship donors under the supervision of the Executive Director, tracking payments and invoicing of donors
• Provide administrative support to the Executive Director for travel, special events, meeting preparation, vendor management, and other areas upon request
• Serve as registration person for Foundation's two signature events and respond to general public inquiries
• Support the efforts of the Foundation's Board of Directors. Prepare materials and manage logistics for board meetings
• Associate's degree
• 2 years' of prior non-profit/development/donor cultivation and management
• Ability to keep valuable and personal donor details confidential
• Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and proficiently work with databases
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations
• Effective problem-solving skills, as well as a tactful and ethical approach to fundraising tasks
• Ability to take initiative and be able to work independently without close supervision
• Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Skills with website management, information processing and data entry
• Valid U.S. or Canadian driver's license
• Knowledge of Raiser's Edge, Advance, InDesign or other database and design software preferred
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com