Grant Writer (Part-time) - IndyHumane
- 21-Mar-2019 to 20-Apr-2019
- - Indianapolis Humane Society
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
(Part-time: 25 hours per week)
Serving Indianapolis and the surrounding counties since 1905, the Humane Society of Indianapolis provides vital services to animals and people alike through sheltering and adopting animals, providing positive reinforcement behavior training for adoptable animals through our behavior programs, and outreach through our community and shelter programs.
The Grant Writer is an integral part of the IndyHumane Development team. The incumbent is responsible for managing and maintaining IndyHumane's grants program, including seeking out potential grantors (public and family foundations, and agencies), writing and submitting grant proposals, and maintaining accurate reporting documents to close the grant cycle.
Essential Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Prospect, solicit, and steward grantors for strategically minded gifts in support of the Humane Society of Indianapolis, its programs, and its pets
• Write, edit, and submit Letters of Intent and Grant proposals, under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer
• Work closely with the CDO to plan and implement a successful grant-funding program designed to support institutional needs and strategic goals
• Work closely with finance staff to develop grant budgets
• Maintain grants calendar, office databases, track statistics, and assist with other funding-related projects.
• Research and identify new sources of funding
• Attend regular Development team meetings and IndyHumane all-staff meetings
• Lead quarterly grant meetings to discuss upcoming needs and ongoing grant-related projects
Critical and Demonstrable Skills
• High detail orientation and accuracy
• Strong written communication skills and ability to work with a variety of internal and external constituents.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills with the ability to successfully manage a project from start to finish within established timeframes and goals
• Able to prioritize, organize tasks and time, and follow up. Able to juggle multiple requests and meet multiple deadlines.
• Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Effective listening skills.
• Proactive in anticipating and alerting others to problems with projects or processes.
• Able to work well in a team environment and as part of a team.
• Able to read and interpret basic contracts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Demonstrated experience in obtaining grants from non-profits, charities, and other philanthropic organizations. Minimum of three years relevant experience.
• Proficient in computer applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
• Flexibility, high energy level, initiative.
• Commitment to the mission of the Humane Society of Indianapolis.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
IndyHumane - Equal Opportunity Employer
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment and IndyHumane may exercise our employment-at-will rights at any time.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com