Controller - Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc.
- 21-Mar-2019 to 20-Apr-2019
- - Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $58,000 - $63,000
- Full Time
The Controller is responsible for managing the daily operations and overall finances of the organization. The ideal candidate will exemplify the organization's values of being a partner, a leader, trustworthy and selfless through support of and engagement with donors, volunteers and community stakeholders.
• Provide effective management and reporting of fiscal resources. Design and implement financial procedures to meet organizational objectives.
• Develops and manages organizational budget process. Monitors and helps interpret all monthly financial statements with appropriate staff, volunteers and regulatory agencies.
• Develop, implement and manage all procedures in the campaign audit and pledge receivable system. Monitor accounts and pledge receivable system to provide timely billing, maximum collection and proper deposition of unpaid accounts.
• Develops and monitors accounts, allocations, and designations payable system to provide proper and timely processing.
• Meets with President and Finance Committee to regularly to review financial status and makes necessary recommendations to ensure strong financial position.
• Provide direction and support for the Finance Chair and Committee.
• Provide support for the Audit Chair and Committee.
• Responsible for all General Ledger Activity.
• Produce monthly financial reporting that reconciles General Ledger to GAAP.
• Assist with reports to funding proposals and grants as requested by the staff.
• Process payroll for employees.
• Assist with benefit renewal.
• Manage vendor relationships
Compliance, Fiscal Procedures and Controls
• Ascertain that internal controls are adequate in the general ledger, campaign donation software, pledges receivable, and accounts payable systems areas.
• Ensures required tax documents and records are filed annually.
• Manage the annual independent audit.
• Prepares required reports and ensures appropriate tax documents and records are filed annually.
• Provide support to all staff and volunteers as needed.
Facility, Equipment, and Supplies
• Oversee all contracts concerning maintenance of facility and operation of organization.
• Conducts research into purchase of capital improvements as required.
• Attend senior staff and staff meetings.
• Attend and present monthly financials at monthly finance committee meetings
• Organizational and interpersonal skills a must.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and operate in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated ability to positively represent the organization at professional and social events.
• BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business preferred
• 5+ years of experience in nonprofit fund accounting preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have experience with financial accounting systems and databases
• Understanding of GAAP accounting for non-profits
• Ability to analyze data, and prepare financial reports/statements
• Excellent written, verbal, and public speaking skills
• Experience with non-profit accounting, Kronos, and MIP preferred.
• Position open for candidates 3/15/19 – 3/31/19.
• Phone interviews 3/25/19 – 4/5/19.
• On-site interviews 4/1/19 – 4/12/19.
• Preferred start date 4/22/19 or 4/29/19.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com