Manager, Donor Engagement - Riley Children’s Foundation
- 23-Mar-2019 to 22-Apr-2019
- - Riley Children’s Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Working as part of the Marketing, Communications and Corporate Partnerships team and reporting to the Chief Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Officer, the Manager, Donor Engagement, is responsible for creating and overseeing a strategic approach to inspire donors to remain loyal longer and give more generously. The Manager works closely with the Chief Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Officer and the Assistant Vice President, Communications.
To create a major gift culture, all fundraising staff at the Foundation are expected to know how to identify and refer major gift/corporate gift prospects and donors to the appropriate gift officer. It is essential for each fundraiser to develop a mindset and the necessary skills that result in urgent identification and referral.
1. Expectations for All Managers
Working closely with the President/CEO and the Leadership Team and referencing Riley's Manager Guide, follow the practices and use the tools to:
• Develop and Influence Our Riley Community Culture: Realize the importance of you as a manager, modeling and influencing Our Riley Community culture.
• Lead the Way and Be Accountable: Manage staff in planning and organizing projects. Develop goals and team/individual accountabilities. Follow Foundation performance management practices and meet Human Resources deadlines.
• Hire the Best: Have up-to-date job descriptions for all direct reports. Follow Foundation hiring practices. Prepare and participate in new employee orientation. Complete 90-day Feedback for new employees.
• Guide Your Staff: Set clear expectations and high standards of performance. Provide training, coaching, feedback and corrective action when necessary.
• Engage Your Staff: Be approachable to direct reports and others. Collaborate across the Foundation.
• Create a Best Practice Operation: Stay up-to-date on best practices. Effectively allocate resources. Manage budget. Establish metrics to minimize costs and maximize impact.
• Manager Training: Actively participate in all Manager Briefings and use the skills and behaviors identified. Ensure that your team has completed Workplace Conduct training and HIPAA training.
• Donor Messaging and Branding: Be up-to-date and aware of best messaging and branding practices. Periodically evaluate messaging and branding working with Assistant Vice President, Communications and Chief Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Officer. Work together with outside consultant to assess current state and make recommendations/implement any revisions necessary. Focus on organization-wide messaging (Donor Relations, Gift Processing, Communications, Marketing, Annual Fund, Planned Giving).
• Account Executive Effectiveness: Become familiar with best practices in "account management." Assess RCF current practice and work together with Assistant Vice President, Communications to make recommendations for enhancing practice. Act as the account executive for assigned internal fundraising teams.
3. Donor Engagement
• Strategic Leadership/Operations: Positively influence Donor Relations staff to achieve results that are in the best interest of the Foundation. Determine strategies to move the Foundation forward. Set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Donor Feedback: Be up-to-date and aware of best practices for donor relations feedback. Work with Chief Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Officer and outside consultants to create appropriate feedback mechanisms that will result in useful, actionable information.
• Stewardship: Develop comprehensive strategic stewardship plans in coordination with gift officers. Provide high-level project support with fundraising "asks", donor cultivation and ongoing stewardship.
4. Hospital Relations
• Lead contact between Riley Children's Foundation and hospital leadership, physicians, nurses and other team members, to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and appropriateness.
• Ensure the appropriate individuals receive personalized and mass communications, including Messenger, Annual Report, event invitations, etc.
• Work strategically to build relationships and gather information which helps Riley Children's Foundation carry out its mission.
• Meetings: Prepare for and actively participate in all Riley Children's Foundation meetings as appropriate. Ensure expectations and tools for meeting agendas and follow-up are implemented.
• Budget: Work with your officer/direct manager to develop, manage and monitor the budget, staying within overall budget guidelines.
• Technology: Understand and effectively use the technology available at Riley Children's Foundation.
• Compliance: Work closely with the Leadership Team to ensure strict compliance with bylaws, federal laws and regulations governing 501(c)(3) transactions, donor expectations and agreements and with Riley Children's Foundation Board of Governors' policies and procedures.
6. Riley Children's Foundation Representative
• Presentations: Represent Riley Children's Foundation through delivering public speeches about the organization and its mission to the external public.
• Tours: Give tours of the hospital, and provide information on Riley Hospital for Children, Riley Children's Foundation, JWR Museum Home and Wells Center for Pediatric Research as appropriate.
7. Other Duties as Assigned
• Riley Children's Foundation events: Participate in Riley Children's Foundation Events as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred. Certificate in fundraising management is an asset.
• Experience: Minimum 5-7 years' donor engagement and fundraising experience with 3 to 5 years' people management experience.
• Competencies/Skills: Build relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve Foundation goals. Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Focus on donor needs: Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of donors to meet or exceed their expectations within Foundation parameters. Foster teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance Foundation effectiveness. Make decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks. Make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the organization. Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress toward goals and track details, data information and activities. Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward. Set goals, create and implement action plans and evaluate the process and results. Solve problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem. Attention to detail and organization. Proficiency: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products with a key focus on Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with SharePoint is a plus. Proficiency in use of databases.
• Qualities: Personal belief in Riley Children's Foundation vision, mission, core values and strategic direction. Results oriented. Ability to work independently under pressure and effectively prioritize a varied and diverse workload. Creative and resourceful. Inquisitive and sharp minded coupled with demonstrated aptitude for strategic donor or customer experience strategy. Self-motivating and self-starting. Team player. Must adhere to the highest ethical standards. Professional demeanor.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com