Office Coordinator - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 23-Mar-2019 to 22-Apr-2019
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
The Office Coordinator oversees the daily operations of the office including but not limited to: facility and equipment management, office telecommunications, and office support services. The position will also assist in welcoming and checking in clients and visitors to the office in the front lobby.
Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees to Indiana and offers them a place to call home. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, as well as education, employment and health services for individuals and families starting out in their new lives. As an independent, non-sectarian, 501(c)(3), and non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works with Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
• Primary staff member in charge of answering phones, checking messages, and welcoming and checking in clients and guests to the office.
• Responsible for ordering and keeping an inventory of office supplies for all agency personnel.
• Trains and helps schedule interns and other volunteers who will provide front desk support.
• Assist with reporting and overseeing building maintenance requests as the liaison to the office's property management company.
• Create and maintain systems to improve efficiency and delivery of client services and office operations, including staff-shared schedules for office-related duties.
• Aid in the filing of administrative documents, such as staff timesheets.
• Troubleshoot IT concerns and other functional day-to-day concerns with agency's IT provider.
• Support vendor relationships.
• Assist with community members who are dropping off donated items to the agency and provide donation receipts.
• Conduct scheduling calls to support program trainings, including Cultural Orientation, Employment Readiness Training, and Financial Literacy Training.
• Responsible for processing incoming and outgoing mail.
• Participate as a member of the Exodus team to accomplish the mission and goals of the agency.
• Perform other duties that create a supportive environment for staff, clients, and volunteers.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and willing to be cross trained in other job roles.
• Must be proficient in the use of Word and Excel and able to provide routine data entry services.
• Must be proficient in the use of Gmail, Google Calendars, and Google Drive.
• Preferred candidates will be fluent in one or more of the following languages: Burmese, Hakha, French, Swahili, and/or Kinyarwanda.
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a dynamic multi-cultural team.
• Must possess strong record-keeping and organization skills.
• Must have a commitment to Exodus Refugee's mission to provide professional, compassionate, and culturally appropriate services to a diverse client population.
• Must have a bachelor's degree in human services or a related field or at least 2 years of office administration experience.
• Must adhere to Exodus Refugee's code of conduct, policies and procedures, and client confidentiality policy.
• Must adhere to Exodus' commitment to a non-violent, drug free workplace.
• Must be able to function as part of a team.
• Must have a valid driver's license and insurance.
Click the APPLY button for application instructions. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com