Annual Fund Manager - Music for All
- 23-Mar-2019 to 25-Apr-2019
- - Music for All, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Music for All is seeking qualified candidates for our Annual Fund Manager position. The Annual Fund Manager works under the direction of the Vice President for Advancement and is an important part of the Music for All team. The Annual Fund Manager will work to strengthen the annual fundraising efforts by managing and building relationships with current and prospective donors, corporations, and foundations. The manager will be a proactive and strategic fundraiser committed to the mission and vision of Music for All.
Over thirty years ago an organization called Bands of America (BOA) expanded its reach to musicians of all instrumental genres. BOA provided educational and performance opportunities to more than 1.25 million student musicians.
In 2006, Bands of America merged with the Music for All Foundation, to become Music for All (MFA) and expanded its participation in advocating for arts education. MFA programs are recognized as the pinnacle of educational programming for high school instrumental music programs nationwide. MFA provides high-impact performance experiences and hands-on teaching activities that promote personal and professional development in America's student musicians and teachers. The organization reaches a vast number of people; each year, more than 400,000 people attend MFA events, including 100,000 teens participating and over 120,000 people subscribing to online advocacy support services. Its programs foster discipline, teamwork, confidence and a desire for achievement in its participants.
Music for All's mission is to create, provide and expand positively life-changing experiences through music for all. We believe that music and arts education is a core to students' education and must be available to all students. Music for All is an advocate for music and arts education. Our educational programs support the efforts of instrumental music teachers on the high school and middle school levels, as well as provide positively life-changing experiences for students.
Our Vision is to be a catalyst to ensure that every child across America has access and opportunity to participate in active music-making in his or her scholastic environment.
• Knows, understands, and demonstrates the organization's mission and vision
• Assists in the implementation for the organization's Strategic Plan and the Advancement Plan and directly responsible for the Annual Fund
• Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of donors and prospects consisting of individuals, foundations, and corporations
• Prepares donor profiles, and manages the major donor solicitation process for the President & CEO, VP of Advancement, and other senior staff and Board members
• Supervises the email/direct mail solicitation program to insure timely solicitations according to the current Advancement Plan, which includes writing solicitation copy and donor acknowledgements
• Manages the foundation research, application, and reporting process
• Manages the corporation/organization research, grant application, and reporting process
• Ensures that donor and prospect database have accurate records, mapped to industry standards, and that donations are acknowledged in a timely manner
• Works with the Marketing Team and the Advancement Team to create attractive and eye-catching communications, which include appeals, social media, development section of the Music for All website, e-Newsletters, e-Blasts, and print pieces (including brochures, program books, the bi-annual report, etc.)
• Assists in plans to collect/capture, involve, and solicit Music for All alumni, parents, and fans
• Develops specific targeted messaging to donor segments for growing participation and increase annual giving year-over-year.
• Works comfortably with the entire Music for All staff and volunteers
Every candidate for a position at Music for All must understand and acknowledge that a substantial portion of the organization's business involves planning and executing large special events. As such, this position will be involved in the planning of events and have on-site event production responsibilities. Some travel, nights, and weekend work is required.
Music for All is seeking an enthusiastic, team oriented individual who encompasses the below skills:
• A bachelor's degree
• Three+ years experience in a Development Department or similar role
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and verbally
• Ability to keep information confidential
• Proficiency in computer applications such as Excel, Word, and especially PatronManager preferred
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as strong attention to detail
• Strong work ethic, willingness to embrace our organization and an interest in supporting the music and arts community
• Positive attitude and strong desire to learn
• Participation in active music-making is preferred
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. What do you anticipate to be your biggest challenge in the first 30 days and how will you handle that challenge?
2. How do you evaluate the effectiveness of fundraising? What measures do you think are most important, and why?
3. What key principles do you want everyone in the organization to understand about philanthropy and fund development?
4. Tell me about your experience as a donor. Is there an organization that treats you especially well (and what does that look like)? Have you ever stopped giving to an organization you care about? Why?
5. In fundraising trainings, you often hear, "Your love of the organization must trump your fear of asking." What do you LOVE about this organization?
Click the APPLY button to submit resume, cover letter, and pre-screen responses to Paul St. Angelo, VP of Advancement, by April 25.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com