Volunteer & Warehouse Coordinator - Million Meal Movement
- 30-Mar-2019 to 29-Apr-2019
- - Million Meal Movement
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Do you have a passion to help others? Do you thrive in a team environment? Do you have strong communication skills? Are you flexible and willing to go the extra mile for your customer?
If you answered yes to these career traits and would enjoy a position with a company that will actively invest in your continued career development, then we want to talk to you. Million Meal Movement is hiring a Volunteer & Warehouse Coordinator who will promote the organization's volunteer opportunities. The coordinator will organize volunteers, assist with meal packaging events and handle materials in our warehouse.
The Volunteer and Warehouse Coordinator will exemplify professionalism that continues to enhance our reputation as a meaningful family friendly volunteer organization that helps the local community.
Defined responsibilities of this role:
• Promote, schedule and coordinate volunteers for our packaging events.
• Lead teams with the volunteer opportunities
• Communicate, present, facilitate, speak and listen to our volunteers and clients.
• Learn all aspects of unloading and loading operations within a warehouse facility.
• Work with sales and customers to understand needs and expectations to assure satisfaction.
• Maintain a safe and productive work environment to exceed customers expectations.
• Handle the movement of pallets on and off trailers manually or with use of site equipment (pallet jacks or forklift.)
• Independent decision maker as needed to accomplish task.
• Lift and carry a minimum of 75 lbs. repeatedly throughout shift.
• Some travel required.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
• High-energy individual with a strong work ethic
• Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, listening and public speaking skills.
• Self-motivated with ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. repeatedly as needed throughout shift
• Keeps team informed of changes and contributes suggestions for improvement
• Flexible work schedule due to changing operational needs.
• Intermediate PC/MS Office skills, including email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphs, etc.
• Reliable, dependable and able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and career objectives.
Million Meal Movement, formerly Thrive 360 and Kids Against Hunger of Central Indiana, is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Million Meal Movement is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com