Director - Children's Bureau
- 15-Apr-2019 to 14-May-2019
- - Children’s Bureau, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Career Opportunity Where You Can Strategically Make a Difference
Do you have a heart for abused and neglected children, and a passion for helping strengthen families? Are you a goal-oriented leader who is known for "planning the work and working the plan?" Are you known for your ability to execute and drive change?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, keep reading because we may have the perfect role for you as Director. At Children's Bureau, our Vision is to develop a healthy family for every child, every day. If we are going to realize that Vision for the future, we need sharp, driven leaders who can take us there. If you think you may be up to the challenge of delivering on our mission to preserve and protect the future of Indiana's children, then, read on to learn more about our Director position.
As our successful Director you would provide program leadership and oversight to a team of Case Managers to ensure positive client outcomes and effective fiscal performance. This position would supervise the following programs: Community Partners, Father Engagement and Home Based Casework.
What sets this Directorship apart is the opportunity to join a successful organization with a remarkable160 year history of community leadership. Our forward-thinking team is committed to excellence in all aspects of family and children's services, making the work environment ideal for those who can see the big picture and work a plan to get there.
To be successful in this role, you need to have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities:
• A Bachelor's degree in social work, sociology, psychology or a directly related human services field PLUS five years' experience in the child welfare system is required
• Master's degree is preferred
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• A valid driver's license and proof of insurance
• First aid and CPR required, but can be obtained upon hire
• Expert technology skills with mastery of entire Microsoft Suite including Internet and email
• Clear, effective communications skills
• Knowledge of and adherence to current confidentiality practices
• Appreciation for and ability to respond to cultural differences
In terms of prior work experience, we prefer that you have worked in the field of adoption and/or child welfare.
Our ideal Director would carry out their responsibilities while displaying the following key behavioral competencies:
• Strategic visioning, planning and results-orientation
• Personal accountability to pursue high standards focusing on meaningful outcomes to drive and implement necessary changes.
• Creation and maintenance of systems for talent management, fiscal accountability and relationship building
• Organizational discipline and execution
• Ability to quickly reprioritize tasks and address emergent situations
The Children's Bureaus is a well-established non-profit working on behalf of abused and neglected children and families in Indiana. Through our programs, we act as an advocate for all children and families, focusing on those that are at-risk. Currently, we provide child and family social services in 47 counties throughout Indiana to more than 43,000 children annually.
Joining the Children's Bureau means more than getting a job. It's a career move. We empower our Directors to lead and champion change within the organization in order to positively impact the lives of our clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as flex scheduling to give you the support you need to grow with us.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com