Rapid Re-Housing Housing Specialist - HVAF of Indiana, Inc.
- 15-Apr-2019 to 25-Apr-2019
- - HVAF of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Rapid Re-Housing House Specialist will identify, evaluate, and assist veterans in the program to gain suitable, stable housing. They will work in a team-oriented environment and collaborate towards a shared vision of success in improving the lives of veteran.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with team members and other agencies to help identify, evaluate, and assist potential and current clients
• Build and maintain relationships with landlords and property owners
• Assist clients and their families with reaching housing stability
• Accurately completes and submits reports
• Monitors client case management files and updates client progress/issues in those files
• Assists in updating/maintaining the HMIS database
• Locates appropriate resources for clients and makes appropriate referrals
• Bachelor's degree in a related field; BSW or MSW preferred
• Knowledgeable of the factors associated with homelessness, substance abuse, and mental illness
• Knowledgeable of and able to provide referrals to other community resources
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated time management skills and ability to prioritize
• Strong commitment to working on a team and towards shared mission and success
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and set goals in a deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively
• Core work week would fall between Monday-Friday
• Occasional evenings and weekends may be required; will require participation of on-call rotation
• Work location: 964 N. Pennsylvania St. Indianapolis, IN 46204
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by April 25th, to Sammy Mitchell, HR Director.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com