Mentor Program Manager (Part-time) - The O’Connor House
- 15-Apr-2019 to 07-May-2019
- - O'Connor House
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
The Mentor Program is a key program for The O'Connor House. The O'Connor House is a 501c(3) nonprofit and a maternity home that provides a safe environment for single, pregnant, homeless mothers and their small children. Critical resources and programs, including the Mentor Program, empower and equip the young women to transition to independent living.
The Mission: Through God's care and mercy, we provide a home and loving support to transform the lives of homeless pregnant women and their children.
Part-time position: 15-25 hours per week
The Mentor Program Manager will work together with the leadership team to determine the goals, needs, and yearly budget of the Mentor Program. The Mentor Program Manager will report to the Development Director and House Director. This position implements and runs all aspects of the Mentor Program including mentor recruitment, mentor and mentee training, and quarterly events and programs. See details below.
The Mentor Program is designed to help encourage the young mothers and support them as they work toward their personal goals. Mentors in the program provide strong role models for the mothers and assist the house staff as they help empower the moms in areas such as parenting, self-esteem, and life skills.
The Mentor Program is designed to be approximately a year program with the opportunity for the mentees to earn a scholarship upon completion.
Job duties and responsibilities:
• Recruit and meet with potential mentors.
• Conduct mentor orientation training.
• Provide mentors with ongoing guidance, including once a month "Mentor Collaboration Meetings" and one-on-one assistance as needed.
• Train Mentees at the launch of the relationship (Mentee 101 Training).
• Pair each Mentor with a Mentee (Strength Finders has been used as a tool to help with this).
• Monitor Tracking Logs of Mentees actively working towards scholarship.
• Coordinate quarterly activities and programs (this is comprised of two educational/motivational programs and two entertainment based activities).
Work in collaboration with Volunteer Coordinator and House Managers in the planning process.
• Participate as a member of the Education Committee.
• Coordinate the scholarship application process from submission through the scholarship awarding.
• Provide the Board of Directors with quarterly reports.
• Review annually the Mentor Program Handbook and make revisions as necessary.
Education, Skills, and Job Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree Preferred (social work background a plus).
• Experience working in the human service and non-profit sector or a related work environment.
• Excellent leadership skills and experience facilitating groups.
• Proficient in basic computer applications.
• Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and O'Connor House residents.
• Willingness to work some evening or weekend hours depending on occasional evening activities/events.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Supportive of the Christian vision/mission of The O'Connor House.
• Ability to take initiative in helping to further evolve the program.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com