Director of Advancement - The Advancement Center Office
- 22-Apr-2019 to 15-May-2019
- - Advancement Center for Washington Township Schools
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $55,000 Annually
- Full Time
The Advancement Center for Washington Township Schools and North Central Alumni is a non-profit education foundation with the mission of advancing the achievements of world-class public education by connecting private funding to innovative programs that benefit our schools and community. Over the years, the organization has awarded more than $6.5 million in grants, scholarships, designated gifts and program support for students and professional development for teachers.
The Advancement Center is seeking a highly motivated, organized and personable individual to join our team in this important work. This person must have initiative, energy and dependability around a diverse range of tasks.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director (ED), the Director for Advancement will perform the following duties:
ASSIST IN CULTIVATION AND STEWARDSHIP OF DONORS THROUGH
• Management of the Annual Fund
• Sponsor solicitation with the Executive Director
• Designated Gifts with the Executive Director
• Faculty/ Staff solicitation with the Executive Director
DATABASE AND BOOKKEEPING MANAGEMENT THROUGH
• Maintain all financial records necessary for audit/review in QuickBooks
• Assume responsibility for the receipt and expenditure of The Advancement Center funds
• Prepare monthly financial reports, annual and special event budgets, and required tax documents
• Prepare summary data as needed by the Executive Director and Board
• Manage donor data information in eTapestry and generate reports; maintain Advancement Center files and archives
• Handle correspondence for The Advancement Center, including incoming donations and outgoing acknowledgements
• Scholarship processing including: organizing scholarship submissions through Smarter Select, coordinating review and communications process, and scholarship record keeping
• Grants processing including: organizing grant submissions through Smarter Select, coordinating review and communications process, and grant record keeping
• Assist Executive Director with preparations for committee meetings, receptions, and Board meetings (including some evening commitments)
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE:
• Passionate about Washington Township Schools
• Creative, conscientious, well organized, detail oriented, collaborative and flexible
• Able to set priorities to complete multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
• Excellent in verbal and written communications skills
• Discrete in dealing with donors and gift solicitations
Experience and proficiency with Word, EXCEL, and QuickBooks are required. Knowledge of eTapestry (or other donor program), Adobe, and Publisher is helpful. Candidates must be able to communicate and interact tactfully and professionally with staff and various members of the WT public including parents, students, teachers, building level and central office administrators, and community patrons.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree preferred or related education, plus four years of work experience in a related field.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume and two references by May 24, or mail to: Emily Kaiser, The Advancement Center, 8550 Woodfield Crossing Boulevard, Indianapolis, Indiana 46240.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com