Communications Director - MCCOY Inc.
- 27-Apr-2019 to 15-May-2019
- - MCCOY Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- competitive salary
- Full Time
- generous benefits package
MCCOY Inc. (Marion County Commission On Youth, Inc.) our community's youth services intermediary agency, seeks a skilled and energetic team player with the appropriate skills and qualifications to fill to become our full-time Communications Director. This person leads all marketing and communications efforts to promote MCCOY's work in supporting youth development in our community utilizing a variety of platforms and serves as an important collaborator on the MCCOY resource development team.
Background: MCCOY is the nonprofit youth services intermediary organization for Indianapolis and Marion County. Our organization champions the positive development of youth through leadership on key issues and support of the youth worker community. We serve as a resource, capacity builder, advocate, and neutral convener, and our work is focused on building a community where all youth have access to the supports they need to grow into successful adults. As a resource, MCCOY strives to provide unbiased, helpful information to families, service providers, leaders, community members, families, youth, media representatives, and others. MCCOY uses a variety of media channels and tools to spread information, engage with interested parties, and share the impact and good work of our organization.
Position Reports to: MCCOY's President
• Tell MCCOY's story through text, video, graphics, and pictures
• Engage with local media representatives
• Work with MCCOY staff to communicate programs internally and externally
• Write and publish all social media and blog posts
• Write, design, and publish newsletters and email blasts
• Update and produce the print and digital versions of the Youth Activity Directory
• Help plan and staff community events
• Manage contacts and communications database
• Support staff work and projects
• Update website content and facilitate digital projects for MCCOY and partner websites
• Support fundraising efforts as necessary
• Work with sponsors, funders, and community partners as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience creating and implementing strategic communications plans
• Ability to work with staff, board members, funders, community partners, and others to tell MCCOY's story
• Exemplary writing skills
• Experience documenting and evaluating analytics
• Experience telling stories through photography, graphic design, and videography
• Experience with internal and external communications, both digitally and in-person
• Ability to engage with media representatives
• Ability to brainstorm and share new ideas with the MCCOY team
• Confidence in representing a valuable, long-standing organization in a variety of settings
• Ability to supervise, support, and mentor other staff and interns
• Experience with various communications software and other tools
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite, and WordPress required
• Knowledge of Salsa Engage preferred
• Photography, videography, and graphic design experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, communications, or another relevant field required
Click the APPLY button for full job description and application instructions by May 15.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com