Director of Development - Indiana Bar Foundation
- 02-May-2019 to 25-May-2019
- - Indiana Bar Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will direct and ensure that all giving strategies of the Indiana Bar Foundation fulfill the charitable funding goals of the Foundation. The Director of Development will develop annually a plan that articulates the strategies and objectives of Development and accounts for the performance of that plan on a monthly basis.
Indiana Bar Foundation
The Indiana Bar Foundation is a charitable foundation dedicated to strengthening access to justice and appreciation for the rule of law in Indiana. To accomplish our mission we gather and direct resources toward three main areas: assisting people who have difficulty accessing the justice system, providing law-related education opportunities for all ages, and improving Indiana's Judicial System and the legal profession.
• Annually develop and implement a plan that outlines all strategies with aggressive but realistic measurable objectives for Development that align with those of the Foundation. Ensure measurable objectives can be accounted on a monthly basis.
• Annually develop and implement a plan to engage personally a portfolio of 40 to 50 major, planned and Keystone Society donors and prospects.
• Lead the implementation of best-practice strategies to build an understanding of the importance of planned giving for the future of the Foundation and to steward the relationships of those who have established a documented planned gift for the Foundation.
• Lead the annual giving program with particular focus on growth of the Keystone Society. Collaborate with the Director of Communications and Events in creating shared goals and strategies for annual giving marketing initiatives, through both traditional and electronic /social media strategies.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director in confirming the recommended giving goals each year.
• Establish a prospect management program and convene a monthly meeting of those staff members who have external, front-line fundraising responsibilities to review the status of the collective Foundation portfolio of major and planned giving donor and prospect relationships. Initially, this will consist of only the Executive Director and the Director of Development; however, in the future any additional front-line fundraisers, such as an Assistant Director of Development, would also be included in this process.
• Assist the Director of Civic Education Programs and the Director of Civil Justice Programs in the strategic aspects of the Foundation's grant application process for each area, particularly to encourage growth in grant revenue.
• 3-5 years of experience developing relationships with individual donors and prospects as well as cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of five and, preferably, six-figure gifts.
• Effective writing and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of major, annual, and planned giving strategies and techniques.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as job requires.
• Ability to travel as required (nearly all of which would be within the state of Indiana).
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by May 25.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com