Employment and Education Coach - PACE, Inc.
- 06-May-2019 to 05-Jun-2019
- - Public Advocates in Community re-Entry (PACE, Inc.)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
PACE, Inc. provides services to individuals engaged in the justice system to assist them in transitioning back to their community.
PACE, Inc. has been providing services to the ex-offender community since 1960. The mission of PACE is to provide a variety of services to help previously incarcerated persons to lead productive and responsible lives in their community. Our vision is to ensure that people returning to the community from incarceration have the tools and resources to successfully reenter; to promote public safety through effective reentry; and to enhance community stabilization through reduced crime and increased productiveness.
We seek a person with workforce development experience capable of interacting with employers, training providers, and PACE, Inc. participants. The successful candidate will assist our Employment Department with workforce development and connecting PACE, Inc. participants to training programs within the community efforts for the agency. The Employment & Education Coach is solely responsible for identifying training and educational programs that will assist and lead PACE, Inc. participants to opportunities for enhanced employment. The Employment & Education Coach will also assist with identifying job openings with companies that are willing to employ persons with multiple barriers, including limited education, limited work history, and criminal backgrounds. The Employment and Education Coach will also identify and develop strong partnerships with various training providers that offer industry certified credentials that will lead to enhanced employability for PACE, Inc. participants. This position is also responsible for assisting the Employment Team with providing job readiness training, retention services and assist the Employment Program Manager in management, oversight, and accountability for all retention services.
1. Identifying training providers that offer vocational and educational training programs that will assist with and enhance employment opportunities for the individuals we serve.
2. Developing relationships with employers and training providers in order to understand their business, job requirements of positions they seek to fill and responding to their concerns about the employment pipeline.
3. Coordinate and conduct facilitation efforts for weekly Advancing Your Career workshops and Career Networking groups.
4. Develop and maintain a tracking system for all employers and training providers.
5. Conduct and facilitate quarterly retention workshops.
6. Assist in organizing career fairs for PACE, Inc. participants.
7. Monitor employment progress of clients who secure employment and training.
8. Make available current employment leads to clients and appropriate staff members weekly.
9. Providing reports and data in a timely basis as needed by PACE, Inc. executive team and partners.
10. Interfacing regularly with neighborhood service providers.
11. Assisting with organizing job fairs where new job opportunities are presented.
12. Ensure the delivery of services which are reflective of PACE, Inc. directives.
13. Make current employment leads available to PACE, Inc. participants and appropriate staff members weekly.
14. Prepare bonding paperwork for partner employers hiring PACE, Inc. participants.
15. Initiates follow-up to determine whether job and training placements are successful and to see if additional services are needed.
16. Ensure all employment and education/training placements are entered into the system.
17. Process Workforce Development Release of Information forms monthly.
1. Establishing new employment and training partnerships on a monthly basis.
2. Monthly documentation of job openings, client applicants, and an analysis of outcomes.
3. Prepare weekly status report for Executive Director regarding number of new employment leads.
4. Prepare weekly report of number of PACE, Inc. participants who are placed with partner employer and training partners.
5. Maintain updated spreadsheet of active partner employers and training providers.
6. Provide follow-up on "caseload" clients, as needed. Follow-up information is then noted in the client services database (ETO).
7. Provide monthly employment reports to the Executive Team by the 5th of every month.
8. Maintain and update Advancing Your Career Workshop and Career Networking Group spreadsheets to include names and dates of all participants attending PACE, Inc. employment readiness workshops. Updated report should be forwarded to Executive Director by the 5th of every month.
PACE, INC. RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Always represent PACE, Inc. in the most professional way especially when in the community.
o Attend and actively participate in all staff meetings.
o Submit requested information for Monthly Newsletter or other Development activity.
o Maintain regular and consistent contact with the case managers/coaches.
o Dress, speak and conduct yourself in an appropriate and professional manner.
o Advocating for ex-offenders and persons with criminal histories.
o Attend any and all meetings and trainings held in the community in reference to the ex-offender population and/or employment.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com