Education/Disabilities Coordinator (Early Childhood) - Transition Resources Corporation (TRC)
- 06-May-2019 to 05-Jun-2019
- - Transition Resources Corporation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Competitive Salary
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
Seeking an experienced, early childhood professional to join our leadership team -- serving children birth to 5 years. Responsibilities include-- serving as the leader of the education and disability services team, guiding curriculum and program planning, policy development and training, contributing to program improvement through evaluation, self-assessment, and other program development efforts.
Since 1965, we have helped individuals and families access educational services that lead to better jobs, better lives, and better communities. Transition Resources Corporation (TRC) carries out its mission in Indiana by providing Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Delaware (Muncie) and Madison (Anderson) counties, offering the Jobs for America's Graduates (JAG) opportunity to students of promise in several Marion County high schools and providing Housing Counseling services throughout the state.
1. Develop, implement and evaluate systems for the delivery of education services including screening, curriculum planning, individualizing and assessment for children and families. Includes center and, where applicable, home base services.
2. Develop, implement and evaluate systems to recruit, identify, diagnose and provide services to children with disabilities and their families.
3. Research, evaluate and prepare recommendations on curriculum to ensure compliance with Performance Standards and monitor for fidelity in implementation.
4. Collect and use quality data to support the use of effective teaching practices and have a positive impact on school readiness and individual child outcomes. Facilitate the development of integrated school readiness plans.
5. Assists in development of program training plan. Facilitates and provides training, coaching and technical assistance to staff, parents and volunteers.
6. Monitor classroom practices including room arrangement, lesson plans, daily schedules, routines, and transitions to assure their adherence to program policies.
7. Monitor that IEP/IFSP goals and other disability service records are complete, current and goals are incorporated into daily educational activities. Assist in the coordination of services for children with disabilities with LEA's, Consultants, and other service providers.
8. Assists in developing and monitoring education budgets. In coordination with supervisor who has responsibility for procurement of materials, identifies and prioritizes materials and equipment needed in classrooms and playgrounds.
9. Works cooperatively with staff to integrate education and disability services with health, nutrition, parent engagement, and family services.
10. Maintains records to ensure the Head Start Program is compliance with program regulations, licensing requirements and safety standards.
11. Creates ways to engage parents in the education of their children including encouraging classroom involvement and home activities.
12. Secures contracts and interagency agreements with community service providers to enhance local delivery of comprehensive services to children and families.
13. Analyzes information, create and submit required reports. Composes and proofreads correspondence and reports.
14. Develops, allocates and manages resources to maximize program effectiveness.
15. Protects the safety of children by ensuring the implementation of active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time.
16. Interact with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, child progress, program policies and students' behavioral or learning challenges via home visits and in-center meetings. Participate in case management meetings and solution creation.
17. Ensures the mobilization and documentation of matching/in-kind funds.
18. Participates in staff meetings, committees and training sessions.
19. Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field*, one year of experience working with preschool children is required.
• Must be able to get certification for CPR and First Aid after hire and recertify as required.
• Minimum of three years of early education teaching experience.
• Two years of management experience, to include supervision.
• Experience providing services to children with special needs preferred.
• Experience providing adult education or training preferred.
• Must be able to obtain CLASS certification.
• Must have own transportation, a valid driver's license, and vehicle insurance.
*Degree in a related field is defined as an associate, baccalaureate, or advanced degree in a field other than child development or early childhood education that either includes or is supplemented by twelve (12) college credits in child development or early childhood education focusing on children birth to age five. At least 3 of those credits must be in ECE developmental foundations.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com