Development Associate - St. Mary’s Child Center
- 06-May-2019 to 16-May-2019
- - St. Mary’s Child Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
St. Mary's Child Center is seeking a full time Development Associate to provide assistance to the development department in effectively and efficiently carrying out daily responsibilities of the department in order to raise money for our programs. This team member will be responsible for a variety of tasks and hold an essential role in the department to help build donor relationships.
St. Mary's Child Center mission is to impact pre-school children, who come from poverty, with high quality learning experiences that will transition into a foundation for lifelong success. We offer two initiatives that are designed to impact school readiness: the Preschool Program and the Educational Outreach Program.
• Responsible for entering information into eTapestry and Greater Giving as well as producing specialized reports and materials
• Accountable for maintaining accuracy, accessibility, confidentiality of files, correspondence, and records
• Accountable for development thank you letters to be completed within 48 hours
• Plan and oversee contract implementation of major projects assigned to ensure all deliverables are being met and goals achieved
• Manage donor stewardship and potential donor cultivation efforts
• Participate in United Way and Community Fairs
• Provide support for special events including item follow up and pick up, reservation contacts, etc.
• Organize in-kind and item donations for distribution
• Coordinate meeting and seminar preparation (i.e. confirm, food, paperwork, set-up, etc.)
• Increase community awareness of St. Mary's mission (includes requests for speaking at community group meetings)
• Organize volunteer activities both preparation prior and the day of coordination
• Responsible for research (project, grant, major gifts, laws, items, resources, etc)
• Coordinates departmental mailings by preparing correspondence, preparing/printing labels, assembling materials and mailing
• Manage and fulfill greeting card orders
• Assists with the preschool Christmas sponsorship program
• Participates in activities of the Development Department and provides positive support for the Board of Directors
• Manage travel for professional development opportunities
• Assist with scheduling for Executive Director's calendar
• Provide coverage for the front office when needed
• At least 2 years of administrative assistant experience
• Associates degree in related field
• Success in working independently, working as a team member, managing time, handling multiple responsibilities, following instructions and setting priorities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to organize large amounts of information, accuracy and attention to details
• Experience with donor based software, desktop publishing and word processing
• Ability to understand the needs, share the mission and programs of St. Mary's Child Center through presentations to individuals and groups
• Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc.
• Acceptance of the beliefs and ways of work of the St. Mary's Child Center
• Ability to maintain confidentiality is required
• The ability to get along well with others
• Must bring your joy to work
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by May 16.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com