Administrator (part-time) - Good Samaritan Episcopal Church
- 13-May-2019 to 12-Jun-2019
- - Good Samaritan Episcopal Church
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $16/hour (+ 4% 403b contribution + 5% match = $17.44/hour)
- Part Time
- Leave time per employee manual, 403(b) pension contribution + match
Part-time: 20 Hours per week
Good Samaritan Episcopal Church is a growing community of open-minded Christians who seek to do what Jesus taught us: to include, love, and serve all people without exception. Under the supervision of the Vicar, the Administrator provides general office support to the staff, congregation, ministry leaders, and committees, in order to support the ministries and mission of Good Samaritan.
This work includes, but is not limited to: data and records management, phone and email support, supplies and inventory management, communications work, coordinating meeting and event space, supporting church ministries and committees and collaborating with volunteers. The Administrator will be a resource person for both members and non-members, and a welcoming and responsive presence electronically and by telephone.
Office Hours: 9a-1p M-F, occasional evening meetings
CORE COMPETENCIES NEEDED
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and use of good judgement.
• Strong writing and grammar skills, including proofreading. (English)
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
• Proficiency in social media management.
• Proficiency in webpage management using WordPress.
• Proficiency in Realm software or a willingness to learn within first thirty days.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, including calendaring, project coordination, and prioritization.
• Ability to effectively manage workload.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding persons and information.
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
• Must be able to make weekly trip to local printer.
• Must pass background investigation to comply with church requirements.
• Minimum 3 years of office experience or demonstrated abilities equivalent, including communications, is required.
• Experience in a church or other ministry setting is preferred.
• Associate's degree in administration, communications, office support, or related area, is desired.
Good Samaritan Episcopal Church and the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis are very committed to diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants, especially people from racial/ethnic minority groups, to apply.
Click the APPLY button for full list of core responsibilities and application instructions.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com